Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Duffy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

GUNS KILL PEOPLE

when will you learn :(

Yeah that's right, I believe 100 people got shot at the last air rifle competition in UCD. Heard it on Joe Duffy so it must be true. Two weeks ago 50 got shot at a clay shoot in Cork, read it in the Examiner. Oh hold on a second, I'm looking at score cards here and not casualty lists. My apologies lads... :mad:

And as for muppets acting the bollix with airsoft toys that's exactly what it is : stupidity to the extreme. No offence meant to any genuine airsoft people here but comparing airsoft guns with the real thing is like comparing pedal cars with humvees. They're both made of steel but you'll know the difference when you use one and accordingly you need a licence for the real thing in both cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

What in the name of all that is holy, has this now got to do with shooting??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I have to switch off whenever i hear Eamonn Dunphys accent myself,which isin't very often ....tis irritating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Its just putting a troll to bed "Morondances with wolves" dont give it ammo:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Gunter Mauser

GUNS KILL PEOPLE

when will you learn frown.gif

No they don't, it's the Bullet silly. Dances with wolves or any good western will set you stright.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Those airsoft places are terrorist training camps for the Jihadists of the agnostic order of the golden space monkey. When the call goes out anyone not wearing glasses may suffer eye damage.
    Recently reports from agent Duffy report that they may have added a large stick with a nail in it to their formidable arsenal of death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Kareir

And as for muppets acting the bollix with airsoft toys that's exactly what it is : stupidity to the extreme. No offence meant to any genuine airsoft people here but comparing airsoft guns with the real thing is like comparing pedal cars with humvees. They're both made of steel but you'll know the difference when you use one and accordingly you need a licence for the real thing in both cases.

When i was younger, a friend and I had some fairly tame airsoft guns. we used to have firefights in his field. (using eye protection, of course :cool:)
    It was quite good training for using a real firearm, and the difference is pretty massive. With an airsoft gun, you know deep down that the BB will stop within a few feet, if it hits anything it'll simply bounce off, and that you could shoot yourself in the foot all day with nothing more than bruising.
    A Real gun, you see the bullet, you should know what'll happen once it hits something. If you dont, you should have someone there with you.

_Kar.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

This thread started about Joe Duffy and airsoft, which has no place here. Guns were mentioned (by trolls), people got righteous and indignant, a lot of silly things happened, no discussion was had, some people got booed, thread reported for hopeful closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Come on lads, don't let your powder get wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Thread still open?

Time to start posting lolcats methinks :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Dont shoot till ya see the whites of there eyes and always remember to shoot at Will .........the b'stad :p

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Locked, this thread went nowhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement