Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My picture thread locked

Options
  • 09-05-2008 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

''Mod Edit: Registering a new account to post a picture is either cowardly, or you're posting the picture out of pride. Either way, this is prejudicial for any potential court case against Liam Keane, so we can't leave it here''

Jesus Christ, i think someone just wants to flex a bit of their mod muscles
    How on earth can a picture be prejudicial in a court case.
    You're talking out of your arse and you know you are.
    If any of the newspapers were tipped off it would be allover the media but since it was taken by a member of the NRU, it doesnt matter a difference.
    Such petty modding.
    How am i posting the picture out of pride? Its being doing the email rounds since yesterday. How can i derive pride from posting a picture
    I think you should be removed as mod cos you havent an iota of what you're talking about

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Looked like it was taken from the window of a passing car no?
    Boards is not a democracy. Arguing will get you nowhere, especially when it could be a legal issue. Its not personal.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Jumpy wrote: »
    Looked like it was taken from the window of a passing car no?
    Boards is not a democracy. Arguing will get you nowhere, especially when it could be a legal issue. Its not personal.
    ^^ I am with Jumpy on this one

It may never become a legal issue but the mod is not willing to take that chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

gladly i saved the pic.

foresight ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Rick Lime

^^ I am with Jumpy on this one

It may never become a legal issue but the mod is not willing to take that chance.

how can it be a legal
    Issue. The photos taken of the protestors at Titmaenian square, the photos taken of the 5 lads who killed kieran keane, the now infamous photo taken of liam keane's 2 fingered salute
    A photo cant prejudice legal proceedings. That is fact. I am whitehall qualified in law and what I say is fact
    What also is fact is that some gimp who has the ability to locks threads loves showin ghow cool he is in performing this most important duty

tbh i agree, this thread is far more dangerous from a legal standpoint
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55887203#post55887203

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I got the picture in work. Did not know is was Keane though cant make out the faces.

I thought Keane was arrested for having a Glock a few days ago and then
    also sentenced to 10 months in Prison for stealing a car after a party ??
    Is that him being arrested a 3rd time? was he released the first 2 times?

I personally would have no issues seeing the pic posted on the boards.
    I would not see how it could affect court case etc.
    I also thought that the powers that be (The Law) were trying to get jury-less court cases?
    or something. Thought there was an article the other day on the Leader about it.

Hopefully OP does not get a ban for the personal abuse. I feel your frustration
    with the way boards is run but sometimes its not the moderators personal choice about
    locking/editiing/deleting stuff its something they have to do to stop the boards from getting
    their asses sued apparently. And as I have been told here on occasion which pissed me off somtimes
    is that we dont have any freedom of speech here on boards.ie as its a private board/company and we
    only have the privilege to post here at the discretion's of the owners. (Totally sucks but we as users
    cannot do anything about it)
    ~B

i did wonder about that, i believe thats where the arrest took place, but thought it was at about 3am, surely it wouldnt be bright!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I've been googleing looking for more images of all this 150 Buildings raided on etc etc.
    I was away Clay pigeon shooting (Legally) with a bunch of Lads from work when the media
    were reporting it all and did not hear anything about all of this action until last night.

+1 to the Gardai. It make a pleasant change to see such a big operation happening
    and real serious attempts at tackling the problems.

Hopefully they will keep it up.

~B

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Trials have collapsed due to media coverage in the past and boards isn't going to let their name get dragged through the mud if it was to go that far.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Just so no one takes a knicker-fit, the OP is banned permanently from the site along with his other account for signing up the Rick Lime account to evade a ban from this forum.

Anyway, I don't personally think that there's an issue in relation to the picture but I'm saying that not having seen it. There's an indication that Mr Keane's face is indiscernable from the photograph, in which case it could be prejudicial.

Cheers,
    hullaballoo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I would have to question the validity of the image considering the subject named as being in the picture was arrested at night time and not during daylight hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Jesus, that's some heavy handed modding in what's already a fairly heavily modded forum. How could a photo of someone being arrested prejudice their trial?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭NewsWire

aww i missed it, someone send it on to meee:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just to be clear, I don't give a crap about the photo (or Lazer Pew Pew's 3,657th attempt to circumvent his ban).

I removed the photo on the recommendation of several people who contacted me when the photo was posted. I'm not a legal expert, but the arguments put to me made sense, so I removed the link. Not heavy handed, just taking advice from my peers, simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

The said picture made it into today's Post. Page six.

Well done! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Has to be said boards.ie is ridiculously heavy handed in its moderation..considering what is said and done on other forums it is well over the top ..

takes the good out of this place..

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Read my last post where I explained my actions (3 up from this), take 2 chill pills and get a good nights sleep. You'll feel better in the morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement