Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ipod on a Corolla T2 2003

Options
  • 09-05-2008 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭

Hi does anyone know if there are auxilary inputs at the back of the standard radio in a Corolla T2 2003. want to connect an ipod to it

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

do you have a button on the radio with aux rote on it?
    if it does then it will have the inputs at the rear.

i have an 05 avensis and it doesnt have the inputs in the rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you can get a connector that plugs into the back of the stereo's CD changer slot. Not 100% if you can get them from a Toyota dealer for that model of Corolla. They certainly do them for the newer generation cars (new model Yaris, Corolla, Auris, Avensis, Rav4)

Alternatively you can use a connects2 adaptor (the same system as Toyota use) like this one:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-AVENSIS-COROLLA-CONNECTS-2-IPOD-ADAPTOR-NEW_W0QQitemZ380020505715QQihZ025QQcategoryZ14932QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

I have the Toyota one and it's very easy to fit and to use. you use the Disc < > buttons and the track seek buttons to change artists/tracks. it makes the headunit think that the ipod is a CD changer. if the headunit is CD Text enabled (which I'm sure it is) artist names etc. are displayed.

Advertisement