Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone line Filters

Options
  • 09-05-2008 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Have had broadband for about 5 years and never had filters on my phone line. However recently i've noticed it cutting out every now and a while probably due to no filters on the line.

Where would i be able to buy them? I saw them on ebay but would prefer to buy them locally straight way. Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

How many you need? I think I have a few lying around at home that you can have foc

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Reda this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54381143&postcount=6

and if you need filters you can buy them from most comnputer shops incl PC World, make sure their filters with a RJ11 connection on them as alot of filtrers especially in the likes of PC World will only work on BT sockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

You'd have to wonder why they sell the wrong version!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭biologikal

Try eBay.com, the US part of the site.

I needed to get 3 for my folks about a year ago and got them from a seller in California, IIRC, and the 3, including P&P from the States and PayPal charges, cost less than what I saw them priced here for ONE! No BS!

The US use the same type of phone connections as us.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Generally avoid ANYTHING intended for UK phone sockets as it is unique and different.

Like faxes or phones won't ring without a special adaptor (not just plug, but needs a capacitor in it).

Much of Europe is same system as Ireland.

Dunno why we adopted the UK main plug and not UK phone plug?

• Advertisement
Advertisement