Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Billy Connolly Gig cancelled

• 09-05-2008 3:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭

I got an email yesterday saying the Billy Connolly gig in Castlebar is cancelled:(, is it just that gig or are any others involved, can't see anything on the interweb about it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

EDIT

Gig reported as M*C*D

I can find no link with M*C*D

Thread re-instated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

Notice from the TF theatre Castlebar
    Unfortunately due to the tight schedule of the redevelopment programme of the Royal Theatre Castlebar, Billy Connolly's planned shows on 12th and 13th July must be cancelled. If your tickets are still at the box office your credit card will be refunded in the next 48 hours. If you have collected your tickets please return your tickets to the box office and bring your credit card to avail of a refund. The Royal Theatre would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

For Further information please contact the Royal Theatre box office, Castlebar, Co. Mayo on 0818 300 000 or email info@royaltheatre.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I think this gig and the ones at the NCH are non Mmm See Dee.
    Would appear it's due to redevelopment issues at the Castlebar venue that's the problem and not Billys touring commitments.
    Shame about that for all you ticket holders.
    Even a bigger shame for probably a lot that bought on ebay / touts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

harsh stuff. that was really unfortunate.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Even a bigger shame for probably a lot that bought on ebay / touts...
    Even better for those touts that bought online, as they'll get automatically refunded... so they get paid twice over a nice win/win situation.

As for me, I'm very disappointed. Was really looking forward to it. Ah well, I see the theatre reopens 2 days later for Barney... :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 edgerr

A friend of mine queried TF theatre about the fact that they were knocking the place a week later and whether it would be ready for Billy. The answer she got was that he would be in a marque and that they had planned for all this as holding events is there main business, so they know what they're doing. Did anyone else have contact with the theatre?

Advertisement