Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accountancy Sodtware

• 09-05-2008 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

hello,

can anyone recommend me which software i could use to keep track of the cash flow in my company. I have about 10 employees and would like somehting where i can keep track off all my out goings like salaries, travel etc? Oh yeah, would be great if it was in Euros aswell.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Here's my 5 cent worth.

For payroll get Quickpay 10. If you get bigger, you can upgrade to Quickpay99 and then onto Micropay if needed.

On the accounts side, start off with Sage Instant Accounts. Again when you grow in size, you can move up to Sage Line50 without any data loss. You can also pull in the payroll data into your accounts.

Good Luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 sgross75

I have used Sage Line 50 and TAS books.....both are good but find Tas books better for a small company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

I use TAS Books for accounts and Collsoft for payroll. Easy for non accountants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Sage Line 50 is really better than Tasbooks.

If your volume of is very stuff is low then some good spreadsheets. Someone with 10 employees really Sage 50.
    Sage Instant is almost just for sole trader.

but WHATEVER you use (Tas, Instant, line50, Excel, payrolls) it MUST be set up by an accountant experinced in using it or else come EOY / tax etc you could be in a very big hole. pay your experienced in the package accountant to train you on what should be entered and how to create new accounts/companies/employees.

I did Sage support/ IT support for 8 years and I've seen terrible grief from folks doing DIY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭JoeTurner

For what it's worth I use a good package called Mamut (www.mamut.ie).

Being an accountant myself I can't comment on whether it's good for non-accountants. You can download some demo versions to try out from their website

Good luck with whatever you decide

Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Accountant

Can I recommend Sage Line 50. This is best if you are looking for reporting. As previous poster said, you will need accountant to set up.

Advertisement