Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glass baby bottles

Options
  • 09-05-2008 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew where to buy glass baby bottles? I have tried everywhere I can think of but to know avail. And I was also wondering has everyone here also heard of the dangers of "hard plastic " bottles and the chemical Bisphenol A in them? If not just google it.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

I bought a couple of glass bottles in Mothercare when my eldest was born 18+ years ago. I would have bought them on my other three but like yourself had no luck finding them anywhere else. What I liked about them was the cleaning was so easy and you could heat them up in no time. Also the volume markings didn't wear off over time with repeated sterilisings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭bored and tired

http://www.babybornfree.co.uk/Catalog.aspx?categoryid=19618&gclid=CP-P9LqtmpMCFQPclAodXmT5sg

i hope that link brings you into baby born free site, if not i found it through rollercoaster.ie

if you get them leave us know how you got on, i would be interested for my hopefull next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Hi again. I ordered my glass bottles @ that babybornfree site. I bought 9 bottles and 12 teats @ a cost of £94.08 including shipping. For anyone with colic babies they also do colic free glass bottles. I asked in Mothercare in Limerick and they told me I was being ridiculous for saying plastic bottles were dangerous. You would think they would be up to date on serious incidents like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It's not all plastics, only certain types that may be problematic but this is far from the consensus at the moment.

If you're paranoid, check the recycling mark on the bottle/container. If there's a 3 it definitely contains Bisphenol A, if it's a 7 it might. Anything else doesn't have it. You can get plenty of sippy cups etc that are made with different plastics if you're worried about it. Avent bottles do contain it, I'm not sure about other brands, you might be able to find some who don't.

Advertisement