Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract periods with broadband providers

Options
  • 09-05-2008 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

We are moving house next month and so will have to cancel my broadband subsrciption with UTV. We have been with them for 2 years and 99% of the time we have had no problems with them.

We want to get broadband in the new house (Dublin 15 area) but the thing is we will be in the new house for less than a year (probably 9 months) as we are moving out of Dublin then. As far as I can see all the broadband providers have a one year subscription. We would love to continue with UTV but dont want to start a brand new contract as we wouldnt be able to continue it for the year.

Are there any providers out there who have a 6 months contract that are worth going with?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

gazzer wrote: »
    We are moving house next month and so will have to cancel my broadband subsrciption with UTV. We have been with them for 2 years and 99% of the time we have had no problems with them.

We want to get broadband in the new house (Dublin 15 area) but the thing is we will be in the new house for less than a year (probably 9 months) as we are moving out of Dublin then. As far as I can see all the broadband providers have a one year subscription. We would love to continue with UTV but dont want to start a brand new contract as we wouldnt be able to continue it for the year.

Are there any providers out there who have a 6 months contract that are worth going with?

Thanks

afaik UTV charge everyone a departure fee and dont have a minimum contract anymore?

http://u.tv/UTV_Internet/Residential/ClicksilverBroadband/legal_information.asp

UTV Internet's cancellation fees are listed in the table below:
    CHARGES/FEES

UP TO 6 MONTHS 6 MONTHS+

CANCELLATION €59.99 €29.99

MIGRATION AWAY €59.99 €29.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 kevcon1974

gazzer wrote: »

Thanks

Irish Broadband have a 6 month Contract on the DSL Packages with no connection fee either, you should give them a shout there number is 1890564456

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

eircom have 6 months try them online better or through pc world

Advertisement