Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This Weeks Premiership Nail-bite-athon. Last Day of the season Special

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Congrats Fulham, though I'm disappointed that Reading went down.

Although we'll probably still be looking at Hunt and Doyle in the Premiership next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Congrats to Fulham !

Maybe Long, Hunt and Doyler to the Northeast now?

Assuming no European football for ManC, maybe 'Pool to put in a bid for Elano? Would love to see him there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Glad Fulham stayed up. Well done to Torres for breaking RVN debut season record, prolly just as well he is rubbish away from home. ;)

And so the great summer clear-out begins in earnest.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Absolutely delighted Fulham stayed up. They have always been a team that will try and play football and have put a tremendous run together at the end and have done it with some nice football.

TBH I'm not at all sad for Reading. They have to be the most unambitious club in the league.After a fantastic season where they really suprised everyone they failed to push on, invest in the squad and freshen things up. Even Derby brought in new players!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Yup I am happy for Fulham Mo Al Fayed has pumped so much money in , deligthed to see them not fall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Willstev wrote: »
    Yup I am happy for Fulham Mo Al Fayed has pumped so much money in , deligthed to see them not fall.

Well, tbh he hasn't pumped that much money in. Fulham have seemed like a selling club for a while now. They brought in a few more this season but still not huge expenditure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Sanchez got to spend £20mil+ in summer '07. Bought a ton of players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

First season in a while he'd given the manager a good amount to spend. Dont remember Coleman getting much and he managed to keep them up a good few times. Must admit its been great work from Hodgson. Done well. Helped by having Mc Bride and Bullard returning though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Sanchez was given 20 Mil, Hodgson was given 10-15 Mil, I'm just hoping that Hodgson will get another 20 Mil to sign 3-4 quality players so we can push on... I think Coleman was given around 20 Mil in the 4 years he was manager of Fulham...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

after seing the reply there Dunne's red card was extremley harsh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Today was another reason why brad friedel pisses me off something shocking. He has never ever ever had a bad game against one of the top teams and nearly always bloody buggers united up and yet today he lets a bloody howler in!

Moot point in the day thats in it but does my nut in lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Come on Brian McBride and Fulham!! One time for the greatest of all great escapes!

Awesome!! McBride is a ****ing hero. Stuff your squad with US players and you'll have tons of spirit down the stretch. Winning the last three away games in a relegation battle is wow.

Good riddance Derby and Reading. Doyle has had a rubbish season and should stay in the championship to rebuild his confidence and rediscover some form imo. Long is a Championship player at best. Hunt will be snapped up because he had a very good season and is the pick of that squad.

Jewell noted on MOTD that if it was his decision most of the players in his squad would never play for the club again.

Advertisement