Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Permissions problem?

• 09-05-2008 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Am away on holiday and experiencing a weird problem! Basically im connecting to the internet through the hotel ,obviously enough! I have this network set as a public network.

The thing is , is that some programs are working as normal but otheres are failing to work properly, im specifically talking about programs connecting to the internet. Normally i use Safari for web browsing but it wont work giving me "no response from server" messages, however Explorer works fine, ive turned off the firewall temporarily but still it wont work.

I assume this is a Vista permisssions thing, all advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Its more likely that the hotel has ports blocked, or may be checking user agent strings to filter what software is able to get across their network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭LARDO

Its more likely that the hotel has ports blocked, or may be checking user agent strings to filter what software is able to get across their network.

Thanks for the reply aidan, do you know how i could check this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭muggyog

Why does it matter if Internet Explorer works?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭LARDO

Well i sorted this one out, very lucky really, loads of other programs were not working, one of them was msn messenger, i did a search on the msn error code and found this link

http://messenger-support.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!8B3F39C76A8B853F!13932.entry

under the vista section it illustrated how to turn off the "autotuning" feature , this sorted everything! All programs now working as before!

Hop this helps one of u guys out in the future , because it broke my heart ,lol, would love an explanation of how this solves the problem or what autotunning does.

Thanks for all the assisatance, if anyone can explain i would love to hear it. This seems to be unique to vista also?

LARDO

PS : should i turn on the autotunning when i get home? it was working there with it?

Advertisement