Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious problems with NTL the past 4 days,

Options
  • 09-05-2008 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

Anyone else been having problems? Early in the day, like 1 or 2 pm, my broadband has been going for up to 3 or 4 hours at a time. Today It hasn't gone, but it's only half here. Experiencing major packet loss, web pages load to half way or don't load at all, and gmes like WoW get disconnected constantly. I've restarted the modem several times. This is just ridiculous.

Anyone else in the Lucan area experiencing this? :(

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

mang87 wrote: »
    Anyone else been having problems? Early in the day, like 1 or 2 pm, my broadband has been going for up to 3 or 4 hours at a time. Today It hasn't gone, but it's only half here. Experiencing major packet loss, web pages load to half way or don't load at all, and gmes like WoW get disconnected constantly. I've restarted the modem several times. This is just ridiculous.

No doubt you will be told they are working to improve the network and that any inconvenience caused is regretted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

Why does working to improve a network always involve breaking it first? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

It's not only Lucan - I'm in the city center and it's completely f****d. And it's not only the broadband either... digital cable is stuttering like hell or losing the signal on all stations completely. And on a weekend too, brilliant...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Working grand here in D1 so it sounds like a localised issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Moriarty wrote: »
    Working grand here in D1 so it sounds like a localised issue.

Thanks for the info. I'll try calling up then but my feeling is I'm gonna get some crap excuse and it will be fixed whenever it is fixed...

• Advertisement

Yesterday it settled down at around 7PM. Now, since 2PM, it is officially ****ting bricks again. Sigh.

I still have no internet. I'm posting off of my sisters connection. This is lame as lame can be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

mang87 wrote: »

I have a niece in Mount Andrew. Have checked with her and she says it's fine. Has it installed for over two years with no problems. Like Eircom/Smart/etc it may be just a local problem or even in your house. Lots of people post here about Eircom/Smart/Magent etc are 'off in their areas' and sometimes it turns out to be something very minor.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

There appears to be problems in the Maynooth area as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm in Lucan, I'm getting some terrible latency in WoW lately. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

I'm in Lucan, I'm getting some terrible latency in WoW lately. :(

Im in D15 and for the last month its been on and off terrible.

And in the middle of last month they disconnected me of late payment of bill....unreal.

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Agent J wrote: »
    There appears to be problems in the Maynooth area as well.

They're currently extending the coverage in Maynooth- I think the guy I spoke to said the work (at least for my part of Maynooth) is to be completed this evening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 threetrunks

Getting crap performance for most of the day (Mon 12th May) in Shankill. Supposed to have 6 Mb package. Speedtest.net is reporting about 300 Kb down and 400 Kb up.

Could the current disruptions be due to the network upgrading UPC/NTL are supposed be doing for speed increases due this summer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

hi mang

few friends on NTL also having major probs in the south east region

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Anyone else having problems with their NTL connection over the last day? its really slow to connect to sites but downloads at normal speeds.

just pinged google.ie and got an avg round trip of 1710.998 :eek:

dont really want to have to call support, waste of time generally....

:o missed the thread! move if needed, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Threads merged.

Just got my internet back again. Its been gone since 2PM : \

Advertisement