Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rumour: Possible DLC content?

• 09-05-2008 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

gtaivsanandreasticket.jpg

http://kotaku.com/388835/niko-bellic-going-to-san-andreas

imo too much gaming for little price assuming it is 10-15 quid.

Altho even a fraction of the SA city would be interesting, anyway prolly rockstar taking the piss.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

And would be a pretty big download! Nice to way to start the rumours tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

if thats not true i'm gonna blindfire an rpg at someone :D

how cool would that be in fairness tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

When
    Liberty City
    was mentioned during one of the misssions that could been a hint....ya never know:D

kmart6 wrote: »
    When
    Liberty City
    was mentioned during one of the misssions that could been a hint....ya never know:D

i don't get what your sayin there kmart???

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

jcoote wrote: »
    In SA there was a mission where you flew to st marks bistro in liberty city temporarily iirc ;)

Nick

• Advertisement

jcoote wrote: »
    Just that they brought it up there,coulda been a subtle hint about DLC!

ah right yeah i know the mission well.. I thought kmart was sayin liberty city was mention'd in one of the gta 4 missions an i thought 'yeah all of em' :p

Lol now why would I be talking bout LC in a GTA IV thread!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I'm pretty sure i've heard Vice City thrown around in GTA IV.
    Although i think an entire city would be too big for a DLC. But don't be surprised if GTA IV: Vice City is on the cards.

Now THAT... that would be good. :D
    VR!

Lol now why would I be talking bout LC in a GTA IV thread!:)

cos i'm a muppet :p

roll on the DLC no matter what it is!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Yeah I would prefer Vice City:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

KdjaCL wrote: »

http://kotaku.com/388835/niko-bellic-going-to-san-andreas

imo too much gaming for little price assuming it is 10-15 quid.

Altho even a fraction of the SA city would be interesting, anyway prolly rockstar taking the piss.

kdjac

Careful if ypu're going to read the comments on the kokatu article lads, they're spoilerific and has already fooked a part of the plot for me.

I'm pretty sure i've heard Vice City thrown around in GTA IV.
    Although i think an entire city would be too big for a DLC. But don't be surprised if GTA IV: Vice City is on the cards.

Now THAT... that would be good. :D
    VR!
    I'm sure they'd prob call it GTA V:Vice City!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

They could actually do it. Maybe some of the code for San Andreas is on the Disk already its just not accessible until the DLC comes out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

prolly a spoiler for me, but Nikos mate on the ship is in Vice City/Florida assuming he doesnt come back into the game......

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Now dont get too hyped up for a VC. Remember that it will not be 80's, actually it will be nothing like VC, if it does go back to VC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

I got a strong feeling Vice City/San Andreas could play a part also .Would luv to see the private jets & parachutes making a come back,was my fav joice for transport in Sa ........ Tho you cant beat the Cost free Roman Cabs and being called a "Dog Lover" or "Head Dick" nowadays :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

funnily enough on my stats it says total distance travelled "from Liberty City to Vice City" no bull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Near the start of the game, my stats said I'd travelled the distance from Liberty City to Carcer City...
    Highly unlikely, but it'd be cool if we finally got to see Carcer City:)

I did a little thinking last night. Vice city makes sense. Niko needs to get out of Liberty City (finish the story and you know why). Vice city is two islands (two dlc episodes), and the smallest city in the 3d GTA universe. It would also give premise to bring planes back:D, as there would be somewhere to fly to. Its all speculation tho, as we won't know until the official announcement. My guess the form of the dlc will be announced soon enough, as its due this Autumn. Fingers crossed it will be great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

AFAIK DLC for Xbox is due around August so I guess we might see PS3 content around that time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Joe Robot wrote: »
    AFAIK DLC for Xbox is due around August so I guess we might see PS3 content around that time too.
    afaik there is nothing announced for ps3. Don't get your hopes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

economy class ticket...... cheapskate ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I'm sure they'd prob call it GTA V:Vice City!:p

Not really, GTA III, San Andreas and Vice City are all part of the GTA III series technically, now that the III trilogy is done, IV would be now in progress. While saving V for the next generation of consoles, no? ;)

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

I think that if the dlc was something as big as a new city of back to San An Microsoft would have announced it by now. Who would buy a ps3 with GTA 4 if you could get it cheaper on the 360 and have an extra city down the road.

It will just be new storylines and maybe weapons and cars IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

theres a part of carcer city on the gta 3 disk,you get to it in the dodo but you cant stand on it etc
    #

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

weeder wrote: »
    theres a part of carcer city on the gta 3 disk,you get to it in the dodo but you cant stand on it etc
    #

It's not Carcer City, it's merely the small bit of street that they used to film the opening bank job sequence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Markvtos

I would be very surprised if the DLC was a new City. It takes a long time to make games, even more so in HD. It took a year for vice city, 2 years for san andreas and 4 years for gta4, and your expecting a new City by Autumn? Seems very very unlikely.

At most we might see a mission where Niko "travels" to San Andreas, but can't actually walk the streets (a bit like the cameo appearance of Liberty City in San Andreas).

• Advertisement
Advertisement