Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A change

Options
  • 09-05-2008 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

Looking for somewhere different to go tonight. ALWAYS go to Buskers & stay there. Any ideas? The same kind of crowd but just a different crowd... Young professionals up for a laugh... I'm bored!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Front Door?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Roisín

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Last time I was in the Roisin nobody was dressed up in there & was all couples but will give it a try. Love the Dront Dr but we call it the oven!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I've heard good things about Bar No. 8 on the docks at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Yeah the Front Door's always roasting. I often start in the Dew Drop these days, nice crowd usually, similar to Buskers or Front Door, or in O'Connells for one or two before heading down town. But I'll be in the Roisin tonight... ;)

• Advertisement

As will I it seems! Let's hope they're not as pretensious as the Halo crowd, have serious issues with that place. What kind of man asks a woman is her jewellery real?!

As will I it seems! Let's hope they're not as pretensious as the Halo crowd, have serious issues with that place. What kind of man asks a woman is her jewellery real?!

Lol, no its imaginary!
    I think you'll find the Halo crowd are more pretentious than anywhere in Galway, and the Roisin is at the other end of the spectrum...
    Enjoy your night, I'll be inside at the gig...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Last time I was in the Roisin nobody was dressed up in there
    They were all naked? Damn! Why am I only finding out about this now! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Club Q*

*may not exist

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

The Blue Note isn't everyone's scene but I love the place. No 8 on the Docks is nice too (has the young professional demographic that you're after).

Btw what's a good place to meet singles in Galway? Somewhere laid back but not full of couples, disinterested hippies or snobbish/uppitty/high maintenance ladies?? I'm not fussy at all, as ye can tell :pac:

• Advertisement

cornbb wrote: »
    Btw what's a good place to meet singles in Galway? Somewhere laid back but not full of couples, disinterested hippies or snobbish/uppitty/high maintenance ladies??

If you ever find that out, would you mind passing on the info? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Zzippy wrote: »
    If you ever find that out, would you mind passing on the info? :D

Amen brother :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Good place to meet women + post on internet forum = sausage fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Ah yeah, I can usually be found at one of the following places:
    Figure 1)Roisin
    Figure 2)Arus na Gael.

Post number 2200.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Kickout will you be in Roisin tomorrow night? PM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Steyr wrote: »
    Kickout will you be in Roisin tomorrow night? PM me!

Don;t usually think that far ahead.

Depends on your motives: if it's to kick my ass due to my apprehension on the Lisbon Treaty then I'm keeping outta there.

Was in Arus na Gael last night if anyone was there, my photos are in KYN.
    Was planning on visiting the Roisin tonight but needed to care for the younger sibs so am back at home, posting on boards.

Although I'm less likely to be in the Roisin tomorrow seeing as most of the buddys went home for the weekend so it'd be a lonely existance in the Roisin.

Ok, ended up in Halo lastnight & had the time of my life! Pretentious people not to be seen...or maybe that was just us ignoring them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

cornbb wrote: »

Btw what's a good place to meet singles in Galway? Somewhere laid back but not full of couples, disinterested hippies or snobbish/uppitty/high maintenance ladies?? I'm not fussy at all, as ye can tell :pac:
    JOIN A PUB/CLUB/SOCIETY LOLS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

Last time I was in the Roisin nobody was dressed up in there & was all couples but will give it a try. Love the Dront Dr but we call it the oven!

You might want to try Massimos - sort of Roisin crowd but a bit more likely to be dressed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Massimo or Roisin may not be the place to go tonight.
    Was at a funeral today - Leo had connections to both those places, not sure if the Roisin is even open, if it is, there might be a sad vibe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement