Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Giro

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Harkev

RAI TV are showing the stages live online.

www.rai.it and click on the giro on the front page...

great for those slow days in work :)

The italian commentators are also fun to listen to too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

go cycling fans and u can get the rai or nrt coverage wiht eurosport audio

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Raam wrote: »
    I know he's the leader of the GC, but what on earth is Contador doing with pink bar tape and pink hoods?

He's one step away from doing a 'Super' Mario and going all out pink (I know Cipollini went yellow, but it's the same sorta thing)

Made mw wonder where to buy pink bar tape, maybe they stole it from the Lampre boys

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

penexpers wrote: »
    Well that was a bizarre finish.

Cavendish kept looking over his shoulder waiting for Bennati to go. Bennati never went. Greipel won because neither wanted to make the first move

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

el tonto wrote: »
    Cavendish kept looking over his shoulder waiting for Bennati to go. Bennati never went. Greipel won because neither wanted to make the first move

I prefer to think Cav tricked Bannati into not going by leaving it too late... Bennati was probably concentrating far more on Cav than how far was left to go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I prefer to think Cav tricked Bannati into not going by leaving it too late... Bennati was probably concentrating far more on Cav than how far was left to go

I would look at it that way too, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

i was watching it on RAI and in the post-race-pundit-fest i could pick out a few words here and there. they kept referring to "fair play inglese" with Cavendish's name, so they seemed to think that he had given Greipel the win as payback for leading him in previously. or just sharing the wealth among the team? who knows.

i also thought it was interesting that apparently there is no italian word for fair-play... says a lot :p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

well niceonetom,they did change sides during WW2.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

bunnygreen wrote: »
    well niceonetom,they did change sides during WW2.

The Brits had Fausto Coppi in a POW camp. They wanted him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ventoux

At last the real action has started! and with a huge stage tomorrow, hopefully there will be plenty more.Contador was uneasy and Ricco looked good,lets hope Di luca has some legs for tomorrow.If there is nothing between them after tomorrow the TT could decide all, which might suit Contador.

• Advertisement
Advertisement