Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major Problem

• 09-05-2008 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

I'm going mad here.
    I brought my Xbox back today for a replacement as it was having trouble reading discs. Got a brand new Xbox, no problem.
    GTA keeps crashing now on the new Xbox. It loads up but after a few seconds freezes completely. I've tried starting it again from the start but it still happens.
    All my other games work grand but not GTA.
    Can anyone think of any reason why this might be happening?
    There are no visible scratches on the disc.
    Could it be the XBOX? It's gonna be a few days before I can get someone elses copy to try and I need my fix. Getting the shakes now.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭W1llz0rz

littlejp wrote: »
    I'm going mad here.
    I brought my Xbox back today for a replacement as it was having trouble reading discs. Got a brand new Xbox, no problem.
    GTA keeps crashing now on the new Xbox. It loads up but after a few seconds freezes completely. I've tried starting it again from the start but it still happens.
    All my other games work grand but not GTA.
    Can anyone think of any reason why this might be happening?
    There are no visible scratches on the disc.
    Could it be the XBOX? It's gonna be a few days before I can get someone elses copy to try and I need my fix. Getting the shakes now.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Well if all your other games are working fine, and the XBox is brand new, then I think it's fairly obvious it's the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

That's what I'm thinking too but it was working fine yesterday and it isn't scratched.
    Got it in Dixon's and they said they don't refund games. What a croc of sh1t!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

by law shops ARE obliged to replace/refund if something they sold is defective i.e broken.Just dont tell em it was working before:)

Just took it over to a mates house there and it works fine on his Xbox, so it's not the game. Must be the new Xbox.
    But why would it have a problem with just one game???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Try clearing your HDD cache. You'll find instructions under memory, system maintenance on the right most blade. That will get rid of old useless updates, and can help games running smoother. Good practice to do that regularly. I do not remember the button combination, but someone else here may help out, or check xbox.com (instructions should be at the relevant menu on your xbox)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Not familiar with the Xbox. But maybe its just like the PS3. Some systems like Gta and some dont. Theres been talk of GTA crashing on 40gb PS3s even though it works on other 40gb systems. Same with the 80's and 60's. Try disabling the network. Works for some on the Ps3.

Good luck buddy. I feel for you.

Thanks.
    It wouldn't have been as bad if it didn't work from the start but I was playing away until today and now I know what I'm missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i had the exact same thing happen with fight night round 3, brought the console back, this was ages ago, and the guys in game tried about a dozen other discs and fight night was the ONLY game it wouldnt play,even though it played fine in other consoles, very wierd

it is bizarre. did they replace the console?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Are you connected to LIVE when you start up the game? If so, disconnect from it and try it.

• Advertisement

no. don't have broadband so no Live for me.
    There are rumours of Rockstar working on a fix but I presume this will only be available through Live which doesn't help me at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

I am having a similar problem with my xbox and GTA4. Since I bought the game ive probably only played it for 1 hour tops. It freezes all the time. Ive cleared the cache tried it with Live turned off even without the HDD and it still happens.Ive read on alot of site that this is a wide spread problem and there is a fix due from rockstar.

I was playing PES2008 last night for 2 hours+ with no problems.

Brought my Xbox and GTA into Gamestop today and they tested both. swapped the console for me. No more problems, I hope.

Just want to point out this is my 4th XBOX in 3 weeks. Ridiculous.
    I've had the same PS2 for about 4 years without a single problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

littlejp wrote: »
    Brought my Xbox and GTA into Gamestop today and they tested both. swapped the console for me. No more problems, I hope.

Just want to point out this is my 4th XBOX in 3 weeks. Ridiculous.
    I've had the same PS2 for about 4 years without a single problem.

thats a bolocks!
    Im on my second going for my 3rd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

chrismon wrote: »
    thats a bolocks!
    Im on my second going for my 3rd!

Bet you got a lot more milage out of the ps2 b4 it brokedown though:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

it's not your xbox thats causing GTA to freeze it's just GTA. http://forums.xbox.com/41/20012123/ShowPost.aspx#20012123 is the 42 page thread about GTA freezing issues.

my version of GTA was fine for the first 30 hours but now it wont even let me out of the apartment before it freezes :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 patrickoneill23

Would ye think that they will provided an update free of charge - i.e. not having to have signup to Xbox Live, etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You can download updates and stuff from Live for free. You only need to pay for multiplayer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

though apparently theres not even been an official acknowledgement of the problem on the 360 from MS or R*

Advertisement