Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get back on the saddle

Options
  • 09-05-2008 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

So about two years ago i got a car and became lazy:D. I used to cycle every day to school for 5 years and go for the odd cycle on the weekends around 5 miles or so..

Anyway spent 400euro on a bike 2 years ago that’s just been collecting dust in the shed. So I want to get back on the saddle again and go cycling every 2nd day and do weights the days in-between. I’m trying to tone up a bit.. So what areas does cycling tone? Also how many miles should i try to be doing each time. I’m 19 5'9 and 12 stone..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Just get out and cycle. Don't worry about the distance. Set yourself a short route and cycle for about 45 mins to an hour. Spin the legs and get your rhythm going. You will soon realise what you can and can't do. Everybody has a different base level of fitness to start with so work from there.
    Cycling will build your leg muscles especially the quads and lower leg muscles. Hamstrings will tighten so keep them well stretched! No great benefit to upper body muscles oh yeah it will work wonders for you maximus gluteus!! ( your ass) :eek: Above all enjoy the fresh air!

Advertisement