Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WARNING! Jap/US console owners

• 09-05-2008 6:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Anyone who owns a jap/US console will be delighted to know that unless you have a HD tv GTA IV will not work for you.

You will be greeted with the following delightful little message from Sony
    cannot play this game at the current video output setting 80028F10

imagine waking up as a kid on Xmas morning and finding that instead of presents, Santa has just taken a great big dump under the christmas tree. :mad:

Region free me hole

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

sorry, should have mentioned its a PS3 issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Simple solution - buy a proper TV :)
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

cheaper solution, don't buy GTA for your kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ongarite

How can you expect a PAL formatted game to play on US NTSC console?

The only reason NTSC games work in SD on PAL consoles is that we brought in PAL60 support (NTSC).

The US market didn't introduce PAL compatability for US consoles from any manufacturer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

ongarite wrote: »
    How can you expect a PAL formatted game to play on US NTSC console?

The only reason NTSC games work in SD on PAL consoles is that we brought in PAL60 support (NTSC).

The US market didn't introduce PAL compatability for US consoles from any manufacturer.

well.... because when I bought the console I had never even heard of PAL or NTSC (and I doubt I'm alone there) I just read on PS3 forums that they were region free and made the assumption that all games would work on it, as I would expect many people would. Don't assume that everyone who goes out and buys a console is big up on their colour encoding systems... some people just like to play video games.

Anyway, I'm just posting this for people who may not be aware of the issue and don't want to be disappointed. If you don't have any constructive input I suggest you go elsewhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement