Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Application Catch 22!!!!!

Options
  • 09-05-2008 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

I recently turned up for my driving test and was sent away due to an out of date licence. The guy said I have to apply for a new provisional licence and attach proof that I had been to the centre and was turned away. He signed this document for me and told me to go on my way.

This was fine.

I apply for the new third provisional and Dublin City Council send back the application saying that I have to have a new test date to apply for the third provisional (learner permit). I notice the driving test application requires the number and expiry date of your current provisional licence which I cant give because yes, its out of date!

Effectively this means I cant apply for the licence without a test date and I cant apply for a new test date without the licence. Am I doomed to never drive again? I'd greatly appreciate your help on this because I'm about to tear my hair out!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

The online form the applying for the test doesn't need license details , also you just need to have applied not have a date....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

That's just bureaucracy. Just apply for the test online.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

forbesii wrote: »
    I notice the driving test application requires the number and expiry date of your current provisional licence
    Where on the application form do you see that? :confused:

10 parts as summarised below:

1. Category.

2. Previous test date.

3. Centre

4. DOB.

5. Day unavailable.

6. Disability.

7. Other info.

8. Tel no.

9. Name and address.

10. Signature.

Where do you see the part about giving your licence number and expiry date? :confused:

Advertisement