Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please confirm something about 3Pay Modem.

Options
  • 09-05-2008 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

Id really really appreciate an answer to this. :o

I was considering getting the 3pay modem but was unsure about how to top them up.

I dont have a credit card, so I wanted to confirm that I could top up the 3pay credit by buying a top-up in a news-agent, just like I top up my Meteor phone.

When I rang 3, the agent told me that I could top up by buying a top-up coupon in any news-agent, just like I top up my phone.
    I went to Carphone Warehouse in Santry today to get the 3pay modem, and the dude told me that I needed a credit card to top it up (unless I was already 3 mobile customer, in which case I would have to do some sim card swapping stuff to sort it out!)

So 3 agent, and Carphone Warehouse worker seemed to contradict each other.

According to the 3 site:
    Buy the 3DataModem for €129, then pay as you go by topping up at your local 3Store or nearest retailer.

Please someone tell me. If I get the 3pay modem, is it possible for me to just buy a top-up in a shop, log onto the site, and top up like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

You can top up using any shop that will sell 3 pay credit, the exact same as a 3 pay phone, you top up by entering in the voucher code into the my3.three.ie site. If you buy 40 euro worth you get an extra 8 euro of credit .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

THANKS!

Just as I thought.

So dude in Carphone Warehouse in Santry is a moron and completely wasted my time, meaning 2 trips instead of one for me.
    G0£ *(^ &* F*(&N*( AS()&TARD

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Just back from Omni and on 3 pay broadband now. Pretty good stuff.

One more thing, if anyone knows- Can I use this sim card as a normal phone sim card and top up like that too? (my phone is unlocked) I have a feeling I can, as my sim card for the 3pay modem has a normal 3 number.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

yes with O2, so I imagine so. The O2 data sim does voice calls at EU roaming rate. Works in my O2 phone.

When abroad the data sim doesn't work, but phone sim works in data card :(

Some modems & SW you can use the laptop for 3G/GSM calls (not VOIP, but "real" digital phone calls).

Advertisement