Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Mobile - will Vodafone live connection work??

• 09-05-2008 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

I've just started using my new TyTN II (Windows Mobile 6.1).
    Had a problem connecting to the internet using the Vodafone Live connection (which was the connection that the phone picked up by using the Connection Wizard).

I manually set up the Vodafone ISP connection and set this as default and it's been fine since, however, as this is more expensive than Vodafone Live i'm wondering if anyone has successfully got their Windows Mobile devices connected to the internet using Vodafone Live connection setting?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I have the same and could not get the Live APN working correctly.
    I use the ISP one now and use Opera mini
    I think some people here got it working but not me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

I've just started using my new TyTN II (Windows Mobile 6.1).
    Had a problem connecting to the internet using the Vodafone Live connection (which was the connection that the phone picked up by using the Connection Wizard).

I manually set up the Vodafone ISP connection and set this as default and it's been fine since, however, as this is more expensive than Vodafone Live i'm wondering if anyone has successfully got their Windows Mobile devices connected to the internet using Vodafone Live connection setting?

I've been using Windows Mobile devices with the Voda Live setting no problem. Currently i'm using them with a Touch-Cruise which is very similar to the Tytn II so it should work for you.

However like yourself, the out-of-the-box Vodafone Live setting never worked for me either so i always delete them and input the proper settings manually (got the settings from the sticky above).

So I would delete the preset one and put in:

Settings> Connections> Connections> My Work Network> Add new modem connection> Name: Vodafone> Modem: Cellular Line (GPRS, 3G) > Access Point Name: live.vodafone.com >Username: vodafone> Password: vodafone> Finish.

Then back to Connections> My Work Network> Edit my Proxy Server> Tick both boxes that appear> Proxy Server:10.24.59.100> Advanced: I leave everything (HTTP, WAP etc) at 10.24.59.100 and port 80 and this works for me> OK out of it.

Then back to Connections> Advanced> Select Networks> Change drop the down box to "My Work Network" for "Programs that automatically connect to the Internet".

Can't see why that wouldn't work. As i say i use that on a TC which is WM6 with a very similar setup to the Tytn II.

Vodafone Live settings allow browsing but i've never got much else (POP3, streaming etc) to work with it.
    Also if you're using Opera Mobile a proxy setting (10.24.59.100) has to be configured as well in the network setting of the browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Yeah - I use a tytn I and ubiquio, neither have probs with vodafone live! Except for some strange cookie issues - have to log in every time I visit a forum/email-account etc; on bot PIE and opera mini...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

Thanks for the tips. Saved me a world of pain on my HTC Diamond and Vodafoney live

Advertisement