Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow patches

Options
  • 09-05-2008 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

probably a bit late now but does anyone know of last snow lying on mountains in ireland. this is a popular thread discussion on UK sites and is used to gauge trends in the weather. poor snow season this year here. I'd usually be up to date but have been stuck to my desk for last few months due to college. last sighting i heard was on Galtymore about 3 weeks ago reported on mountainviews.ie. I'd say the lug may have beaten it???

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

coolagad wrote: »
    probably a bit late now but does anyone know of last snow lying on mountains in ireland. this is a popular thread discussion on UK sites and is used to gauge trends in the weather. poor snow season this year here. I'd usually be up to date but have been stuck to my desk for last few months due to college. last sighting i heard was on Galtymore about 3 weeks ago reported on mountainviews.ie. I'd say the lug may have beaten it???

Far, Far too late now. Is Galtymore not higher then Lug:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

There was snow on Lug up to around the end of April.

BTW - Lug is 925M while Galtymore is 919M

See - http://www.simonstewart.ie/list/irish_mountains_height.htm

A

• Registered Users Posts: 40 coolagad

patches in scotland usually last right through the year, in fact last year was one of the best in recent years. reckon its more to do with increased snow perciptation from the west and and dull summers rather then cold winters. snow depths of over 30ft etc. A demarcation line across the bottom of scotland prevented us from getting good snowfall on the hills last winter, it was just a degree or 2 in the difference and what a difference it made. snowdonia also suffered from lack of snow this year.

Might be a good thread to kick off at the start of next winter.

enjoy the summer!!

:rolleyes:

Advertisement