Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So There I Was In Woodies...

• 09-05-2008 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

..... and i was queing up to pay for my bitta cable and insulatin tape, and who did i catch in the corner of my eye??

Barney Mc Kenna!

Aka Banjo Barney from Donneycarney

I was star struck to the highest reagard!!

If ya dont know who he is;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo0p6BbecNo&feature=related

Me being the blithering idoit didnt say boo.

Kinda regeretting it now:(

Ever been starstruck?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

yep, seen jason mcateer walkin down grafton street....just shouted "Theres jayo!" and walked away...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

seen Felipe Contepomi in Easons the other day shopping for a pen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Yeh I've seen and chatted to many famous bands in Whelans when I worked there for a bit.

I've seen loads, oldest probably were The Zombies: Time of the Season etc..
    Biggest bunch of stoner legends ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

have gone drinkin with Christie O'Conner Jnr. had a chat with Tony Fenton in person, embarrassed the crap out of Brian McFadden in front of his mates with some perfectly timed abuse. Also said hello to wee Daniel, and got in an argument with Joe Dolan.
    Not one for getting star struck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Barney went out with me Granny back in the day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I saw Alan Quinlan and Freddie Puccierello in UL on thursday but I was too scared to go up and ask for a pic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

saw tommy tiernan walkin down the street once. shouted " hey look its tommy tiernan" and walked away. regretted that. thought i saw the coronas walkin down the street once as well. i was right, saw them playin a gig about 2 hours later. got a couple of autograhs then. so it all worked out that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭Seonad

I was at the races and was introduced to Niall Quinn and Ruby Walsh:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I saw Cathal O Searcaigh in trailfinders the other day booking a flight to Nepal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I saw Cathal O Searcaigh in trailfinders the other day booking a flight to Nepal

you should have checked his suitcase for sleeping-pill laced sweets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

He didn't have a suitcase. He was just standing there in the nip. With his dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Reminds me of a story involving my friend and Hector O'Heochagain. Myself and a few friends were drinking in a pub in the IFSC. Lone behold Hector comes down the stairs. My friend shouts "Ah it's Hector!" and beckons him over to shake hands. What happens next is legendary...... Just as he was putting his hand out to shake hands, my friend puts his hand up to his face, thumb to his nose and goes "Aha aha" while wiggling his fingers. Hector walks away laughing and the rest of us just fall around the place laughing. Funny moment :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Ron Jermey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

stepbar wrote: »
    Reminds me of a story involving my friend and Hector O'Heochagain. Myself and a few friends were drinking in a pub in the IFSC. Lone behold Hector comes down the stairs. My friend shouts "Ah it's Hector!" and beckons him over to shake hands. What happens next is legendary...... Just as he was putting his hand out to shake hands, my friend puts his hand up to his face, thumb to his nose and goes "Aha aha" while wiggling his fingers. Hector walks away laughing and the rest of us just fall around the place laughing. Funny moment :)
    I'm guessing you had to be there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

humanji wrote: »
    I'm guessing you had to be there :D

Jeasus I wish I got a picture of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

I met that fat fella who did live at three and does all those sea shows on the wireless in Kinsale, i have to say he really does fit the sterotype of the jolly fat man what a guy i was going down onto the marina and had forgotten the code on the gate he was going down too and opened it for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Dimitri wrote: »
    I met that fat fella who did live at three and does all those sea shows on the wireless in Kinsale, i have to say he really does fit the sterotype of the jolly fat man what a guy i was going down onto the marina and had forgotten the code on the gate he was going down too and opened it for me!

Derek Davis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Don1 wrote: »
    and got in an argument with Joe Dolan.

Bit of an easy target dont you think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

I see Stan The Man all the time town avoiding them banana skins..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Mulan

I met hector in a bookies in kilkenny city. He was sitting next to me watching a race and both of us were comenting on a horse when I looked at him I realised who he was. We had a good 10 min chat and I found him sound. Nice guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I met Denis Hickie tonight in the jacks in a pub in Galway. He was twisted. So was I...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Zzippy wrote: »
    I met Denis Hickie tonight in the jacks in a pub in Galway. He was twisted. So was I...

That wasnt denis hickie.
    IT WAS I*

* may not be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The Walsho wrote: »
    Ditto. Maybe Barney is one. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

starstruck twice today....

seen Mr. Justice Paul Carney in the post office in rathmines and then a few hourse later seen Ken Doherty in rathgar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Met Brian O'Driscoll on the street a few years ago. Got an autograph.

Also met JFK of MSTRKRFT last Sunday and Alex Ridha (aka Boys Noize) last night. I know nobody's probably never heard of them but I'm a huge fan of their music!

Saw Christian Bale once in Wicklow during a film shoot... didn't get to meet him though.

Also met Christopher Mintz-Plasse (aka McLovin!) and Jonah Hill.

Advertisement