Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good health food shops in Dublin

Options
  • 09-05-2008 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

I used to be a vegan a few years back when I lived in bristol and I really would like to go back to being vegan again. I found it hard when I moved over because back then there weren't any really good shops to buy alternatives where as back in bristol there were quite a few close by. Where are the best places in town and over the south side to buy things like decent fake vegan meat products and vegan ice cream... or somewhere with a fridge that stocks things like vegan pies (back in bristol there was an amazing range of vegan pies, samosas and other kinds of snacks just available to pop in and get if you needed something quick and decent). Every shop I've been to here has what I'd consider to be a poor vegan selection. They may have one or two things, but I'd like to be able to go and shop somewhere which actually has a wider range to choose from. Anyone know?

Hang on here's a link to the pies I was referrring to, they are AMAZING!!! I'd love to find them over here, or something similar:

http://www.clivespies.co.uk/vegan.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I've had one of those pies before - bought it in my local health food shop, it was pretty good.

I know Ireland is pretty crap compared to England for vegan things. I think you are just going to have to get used to getting different things from different health food shops. I haven't come accross one health food store that has everything. Its really annoying.

I really like Norish on Wicklow St and the health food store on Georges St is pretty good too but a bit expensive.

You could try Blazing Salads on Dury St for vegan spring rolls, samosas and rice balls. They usually have a good selection of vegan food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Beks

Thank you that's really helpful, I'll try those places when I'm in town tomorrow :)

Where's the local shop of yours where you got the pie?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

hey, the health store have a good range of 'fake meat' types, and are happy to order in stuff if you ask. i've used their blackrock and stillorgan stores before, but there are a few more in tallaght, dundrum, blanchardstown, bray and other places. check out http://www.thehealthstore.ie/page.php?intPageID=4

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I got that pie in the The Health Store, they were selling them off cheap at the time. It was out in Swords which is proably too far for you to go, but I see from the link above they have stores in the southside.

Advertisement