Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

aftermarket car alarm

Options
  • 09-05-2008 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

five minutes of research indicates that installing an aftermarket alarm/immobiliser/remote central locking system looks a little tricky. I'm not sure i fancy fishing around in the wiring looms.

So, how much does having one fitted cost?
    Can anyone recommend an installer in Limerick/Clare/North Tipp?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

What make/model/year car are you fitting it to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

crosstownk wrote: »
    What make/model/year car are you fitting it to?
    a 2002 1.4 base bora.
    surprised that they don't have one as standard, but apparently they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Should cost you in the region of 300 to 350 for a fairly decent open including RCL and a few other gadgets such as opening all the windows and whatnot.

Paying any more than that would be far too much and generally if it's alot cheaper the alarm that they would be installing wouldn't be any good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Just be aware, incase you were going to source the alarm yourself, that most alarm installers won't want to touch anything they don't supply themselves. You'll have to pay for supply and fitting of the system. €300ish seems to be around the norm. Check the dtdirl.com forums, there are a few special offers from a couple of the fitters on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

What part of the country are you in? Someone might recommend an installer near you.

In Galway, there's Jeremy in Auto Electrical Concepts in Ballybane. He's been installing Cobra and Meta systems for years, and went out on his own recently. 087-137-6173

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If your in the Limerick city area there is Des Kennedy, he will supply and fit one for you. He fitted mine and did a very neat and tidy job with the wiring. It's a Cobra alarm and has never failed me one in about 5 years of having it. Des is an auto spark, knows his stuff and will not rip you off.

PM me if you want his telephone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Cheers guys. I might push for a slightly higher mileage one with an alarm preinstalled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Don't.

Pick the car you like and get the alarm fitted. There'll be no issues getting an alarm fitted that will trigger off the remote central locking etc.

Advertisement