Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Main Story-Too Easy?!

• 09-05-2008 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

Right finished the main story earlier on, and got thinking...is it too easy?!

Like compared to other games the missions seems a lot more easier.

It didn't seem to be challenging or something!

Anyone else feel the same?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Missions were always easy, it was the feckin city that did you in.

havent finished it yet but only as usual am i ever stopped in a mission by the random city. 3 leaf clover stopped me for a bit as i went gung ho, but then during the escape a random taxi side swiped me into death.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

i finished the game a few days after i got it(i know no life). although it was simple and unchallenging. i still felt glad to finish the story.

now dont forget there where different ways the story could go
    Spoiler: killing either playboy x or dwayne or killing gerry or francis also doing the deal with dimitri at the end or just killing him and killing darko aswell.

it makes me think that the story line could be different with different decesions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

AAAAAAAARRGGGHHHHHH.... spoiler tags Thor!

i tried how do i do a spoiler tag

basquille wrote: »
    AAAAAAAARRGGGHHHHHH.... spoiler tags Thor!

idd

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

take out the dots

cheers KdjaCl and cremo

sorry basquille and everyone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No worries Thor.

Easy mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Well I found I only failed missions cause of something reaaly stupid,not cause it was hard!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Well I found I only failed missions cause of something reaaly stupid,not cause it was hard!

Its never hard, its not Ninja gaiden or DMC3, the randomness of the city is only thing ever that stops you in GTA.

No matter what the wanted level theres always an easy way out, hit highway and drive and drive well. The police never catch you its some feckin idiot that gets in your way. Only thing GTA4 makes harder is when you try kill every copper.

the game is never hard and the mission are always easy but randomness makes them different every time.

kdjac

• Advertisement

But I'm finding the police chases to be half-hearted attempts at it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I agree with the OP. I also think the ability to take cover easily makes the gun battles very very easy. Most levels I completed in the first attempt.

I don't think the enemies are aggressive enough either, they just seem to wait for you to get near them before they attack you. All you have to do is keep your distance and pick them off with the sniper rifle.

Still love the game tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I haven't really played GTA 4 yet but cmon, the missions in the other games were hardly that challenging...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

The only reason the other games were harder was because of the really bad shooting mechanics. This is the first GTA to do shooting really well, and as such the story seems easier to play. The difficulty is subjective in this case, as shooting becomes better, difficulty appears to be easier, when in reality the level of difficulty is the same as previous outing.

I don't think the enemies are aggressive enough either, they just seem to wait for you to get near them before they attack you.

And have you noticed if it's a chasing mission,the car generally slows until you get near if it had got a good bit ahead of ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I'm thoroughly enjoying it, but one thing is driving me mental. On missions where you have some muppet along with you that you have to keep alive, they keep getting in front of me when I try to use cover, resulting in one of 2 outcomes:

1) I accidentally shoot them
    2) They prevent me from actually shooting people from cover, forcing me to expose myself and get shot lots.

This seems to be quite a common theme in the
    Phil Bell
    missions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

I agree that the enemies are not aggressive enough. That has more to do with ai "what if" situations, ie. programming. If the ai would make attempts to flank, the difficulty would have been ramped up considerably. Unfortunatly the combat ai has not been overhauled to match the new shooting mechanics. Entirely forgiveable
    if you ask me though, as its not a shooter, but a sandbox game that offers possibilities beyond that which any shooter can deliver.

Stephen, regards to your experience, I have had the same problem. Move faster than yer man does and clear areas ahead quickly. Mind you I never used the auto aim in my entire time in the game (without auto aim the assault rifles have a massive zoom, allowing for those easy long range headshots), which allows you to pull off the important shots a lot faster. I had over 50% of my bullets hit the mark. E.g. when someone is in cover at long range, you can shoot even the smallest exposed part, causing the enemy to react, expose themselves, leaving you with a clear shot to either head or legs. Hit legs they fall over...easy headshot:D. But yes auto aim has a lock on time, while without it you can dispose of enemy in the time it takes to get a lock, thus without auto aim you can work that much faster, making it easier to keep your certain someone alive. Aside, learn to ace manual aim and multiplayer will become easy pickings:D

Yeah that was wrecking my head as well....they died a lot though due to there stupidity,lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I found that in the second half of the game, once I had good weapons, it was generally possible to just stay in aim mode and keep flicking between enemies, it didn't matter if I was exposed because I'd take them all down quicker than they could shoot me anyway.

In the earlier missions when I was armed with a pistol I think it was more interesting.

Advertisement