Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Bartending/Waitressing experiances...

• 09-05-2008 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

So I’ve been in the service industry for the past 4 years. Ive been a waitress, bartender, glass collector, bar back..the works. Ive done it part time, and full time.

What I want to know is what is wrong with some people!? Customers can be so rude! They act like they are above the people who work there just cause we are serving them.

Have they ever worked in a bar on a Saturday night that is 4 deep? People who are ignorant orders wreck my head! Order your Guinness first! Order everything at the same time! Dont reach over the bar. Dont wave your money in my face! Dont shout at me-that will make me not want to serve you. Dont make me wait for you, or I will make you wait for your drinks.

Or have they been responsible for 15+ tables during the lunch rush when every customer walks in at the same time, wants to order at the same time?! Who sends back a coffee FOUR times? Dont call me over to your table to order when I’m busy if you don’t know what you want. Leave me a tip if I’ve gone out of my way to make your dining experience more enjoyable.

Most of all. Dont be mean. Dont look down your nose at me. Dont treat me like crap. Dont ignore me. Im not exactly a bitch-but I just had a bad day at work. Has any one else had experiences in the service industry staff have had with members of the public?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Sounds like you need a break from the service industry! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

It gets totally annoying at times and i'm sure it was very therapeutic (sp) to write all that down... where i work we all share a laugh about the customers and the incidents at the end of the night and that helps you de-stress, but you can't really do anything about it. It is human nature to be rude and ignorant and demanding, you just have to put-up and shut up sometimes:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Don't you just hate bartenders/waitesses that act above their station????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

just kidding.:pac:

Advertisement