Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite Subject

Options
  • 09-05-2008 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭

What is your favourite subject?

If I have left out your favourite post it.

what is your favourite subject? 78 votes

Irish
    0% 0 votes
    English
    2% 2 votes
    Mathematics
    12% 10 votes
    Physics
    11% 9 votes
    Applied Mathematics
    3% 3 votes
    French
    2% 2 votes
    Chemistry
    6% 5 votes
    Biology
    7% 6 votes
    Geography
    6% 5 votes
    Physics and Chemistry
    7% 6 votes
    Technical Drawing
    0% 0 votes
    History
    3% 3 votes
    Business
    7% 6 votes
    Construction Studies
    6% 5 votes
    Accounting
    3% 3 votes
    Economics
    1% 1 vote
    Art
    5% 4 votes
    Music
    5% 4 votes
    Spanish
    5% 4 votes
    Other
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

I don't know. Maybe Maths, or French, or Irish, or Physics, or English... too many choices... :eek::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

I don't know. Maybe Maths, or French, or Irish, or Physics, or English... too many choices... :eek::confused:

I know thats why I made the poll. Mines chemistry btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

I know thats why I made the poll. Mines chemistry btw

I should really have done chemistry. Thinking about doing veterinary medecine so I might do it next year.

I should really have done chemistry. Thinking about doing veterinary medecine so I might do it next year.

I should have done biology thinkin of doin medicinal chemistry next year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

i had an irish oral this morning and i was asked the same question, but im not really sure, its a toss up between biology chemistry or irish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Fad, I'm assuming you're in fifth year? I just read that and thought "what, the orals were weeks ago!"

Picked maths as my favourite, I guess I should because there's a good chance I'll be studying it in college... I love Irish as a language but the course is horrific, art is wonderful if you forget about art history, physics is easy but boring, music is great but I hate composition... I like pretty much all my subjects, tbh.
    At the minute, my least favourite are probably French and English. Hate English essays so much. French is just annoying because while it's easy enough, I figure I didn't do too well in the oral, and the tape is inexplicably impossible. I simply can't make out what words they're saying... I can understand everything my teacher or the french assistante says, but on the tape it's like a blurred mush of sounds. Bleh.

Fad wrote: »
    i had an irish oral this morning and i was asked the same question, but im not really sure, its a toss up between biology chemistry or irish

I hope you done well in your oral.Thanks for posting

Fad, I'm assuming you're in fifth year? I just read that and thought "what, the orals were weeks ago!"

Picked maths as my favourite, I guess I should because there's a good chance I'll be studying it in college... I love Irish as a language but the course is horrific, art is wonderful if you forget about art history, physics is easy but boring, music is great but I hate composition... I like pretty much all my subjects, tbh.
    At the minute, my least favourite are probably French and English. Hate English essays so much. French is just annoying because while it's easy enough, I figure I didn't do too well in the oral, and the tape is inexplicably impossible. I simply can't make out what words they're saying... I can understand everything my teacher or the french assistante says, but on the tape it's like a blurred mush of sounds. Bleh.

Thats whay i picked chemistry.I hate the tapes in Irsh and French.
    In French especially it gets harder to study for aural as you go back because the sound quality is so bad.

I wish I could have done music but they didnt have it at our school.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I find the Irish tape absolutely fine (for the mock my teacher said she couldn't have done better herself >.>), but French is just really hard. Maybe it's their accent or something, I'm just praying to god that the tape in the actual LC will be intelligible.

Music is so handy. If you're a good musician and know a bit of theory, you could practically pull off the exam without studying a single set work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Maths is easily my favourite followed by Applied Maths. Then Chemistry, Physics and History are in the same bracket.

Don't really like English, French and Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

History! Love history. Pity about the exam. Lol, i dont do chemistry, but everyone in my year haters it with a passion, they'd be shocked to see this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

Fuascailt wrote: »
    History! Love history. Pity about the exam. Lol, i dont do chemistry, but everyone in my year haters it with a passion, they'd be shocked to see this.

HATE History its so hard for LC !!! what is the best way to study the essays ??? for irish history !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

Either honours english or irish, both are great :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

ah,i'd havta say geography,its relatively easy if your anyway interested in it,the project is another easy 15-20%,nuf said!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭conbob

yep maths. we have a good teacher and it just comes naturally so i can chillax :cool:

conbob wrote: »
    yep maths. we have a good teacher and it just comes naturally so i can chillax :cool:

Are you doin higher level?
    I have an excellent teacher, you can't chillax at all im afraid.
    There is 13 in our class 10 got A's in the junior and the others got B's.
    Maths is something you have to continuously go over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 H-esperanza

Other-Home. Ec I'm strange i know, also music is pretty close! I love them both for different reasons

Other-Home. Ec I'm strange i know, also music is pretty close! I love them both for different reasons

thanks for posting and you're not strange lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Probably Tech Graph (though I'm in 5th year and doing the new course - 'Design and Communications Graphics'). It's great because so much time is spent on computers, and everything else is just drawing. There's no learning pages off or anything. You just draw and click :)

After that it would be Geography, probably because it's sooo easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Why didnt ya put german in the poll... you had spanish there like...

anyway my favourite is probably geography but I also really enjoy english and business and to a extent german.

Despise biology, im indifferent about maths and couldnt care less about irish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Irish or english.

english is easy enough and i jsut like the irish language and find the
    tapes,ond oral work easy its just the stories and poems that are killing me.

honors maths is the wost by miles for me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

german by far. ok the grammer is a bit trickt but the tape and comprehensions are a piece of cake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

Business for me. It's easy enough once you're interested and it's preety interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Definately History!

A very, very interesting subject! :)

1huge1 wrote: »
    Why didnt ya put german in the poll... you had spanish there like...

anyway my favourite is probably geography but I also really enjoy english and business and to a extent german.

Despise biology, im indifferent about maths and couldnt care less about irish

sorry i could only put 20.thats why i asked for you to post if your favouite subject wasn't.thanks for the comment

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mstorres

definately german followed closely by french.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

I've enjoyed French ever since 1st year.. detest irish, due to the course. Hate english though im quite strong in it.. SUCK at Maths, praying i pass still in honours i think i'd cry if i failed and had to repeat. Music and Art are the next big ones , love them both bar melody writing (gay) and art history ( mind numbing ) . So that's French, Music and Art.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

woah i thought this thread died.
    yep im in fifth year, i got an A my first real A all year :)
    i agree with a surprisingly huge amount of your post,
    while i really like maths i find it quite hard (im in OL atm but not for long!)
    i LOVE irish but i find learning reams of poetry notes highly demoralising, theres no bloody emphasis on the langauge itself, but i geuss its up to me to make the most of it.
    There are days i love English and theres are days i hate it, our comparative texts are TERRIBLE, The Crucible,Philidelphia Here I Come, and Cinema Paradiso! Two plays and a film in italian that i cant stand! JESUS why could i get one novel, the texts individualy arent bad but combined they wreck my head!

GARGH SCHOOL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Love music but teacher is b*ll*cks!
    Like biology but again teacher is b*ll*cks!

Really really enjoy Irish as a language, find it easy (or thought so) maybe my teacher marks hard because I'm finding it so hard to do well this year! As opposed to JC where I was used to As & Bs! Cant stand the poetry & prose!

Like French, loved it for JC but it's like I'm retarded at the language now!

Accounting was so easy for JC but jeez feel really stupid at it but love the teacher so try do well!

Maths & English are tough, icky subjects!!!!

Advertisement