Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burnout Paradise... on PC!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Stephen wrote: »

yup its not very good on consoles and is easily ported, XNA game?

they needs the monies.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Stephen wrote: »

are you trying to say a port of a console game that's been out months is a reason to which we can claim pc gaming is alive and well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Cosmonaut

Small victories (and this is a small victory!) for the PC platform isnt going to negate a downward slump in mainstream games titles thats been going on for over five years.

I would imagine Criterion saw the success of web-based racers such as Trackmania, and with three downloadable content packs coming to BP before Christmas, thinks they can generate enough cash to warrent the conversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I'm getting sick of burnout games, they are just clones now :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Em when was pc gaming dead :P Glad to see EA seeing another "platform" to develop games for, considering EA PC, is a dead format lmfao, They have a bit of a clue lol,

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

burnout paradise on the PC is a blessing. no more speak of the PC dying please, just do the right thing and buy the damn games, there cheaper on PC anyway, eg. GRID 60-70 quid on PS3 and 360, and 40 on the PC

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No more talk of the pc dying here anyway...there a huge thread already about it. As for Burnout: Paradise coming to the pc, i'll get it when it comes out. As long as its not a crappy port...which is always a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    I'm getting sick of burnout games, they are just clones now :(

I don't belive there are many other franchises that innovate as much between iterations as Burnout does... so... wattayasayyyyn!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

it EA porting games over i got bought mass effect yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

just do the right thing and buy the damn games, there cheaper on PC anyway, eg. GRID 60-70 quid on PS3 and 360, and 40 on the PC

PC hgames aren't cheaper if you have to factor in a new graphics card every 18 months or so. Surely you have to factor this into the 'price' of a PC game...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

always consider the fact that a PC is not only an expensive gaming device.. its a great gateway to the internet, a rich media hub, great for education, and moreso for graphics/architectural design. a PC is designed for more than gaming, theres infinite possibilities to it.

so, in my opinion, yes, PC games ARE indeed cheaper, as long as you have the knowhow in how to make the most of your PC.

PS, my Nvidia Geforce 7300, i have had for over three years, which i bought for 100 euros, and still plays any game thrown at it easily, i feel no need to buy another graphics card for at least another year. Learn to optimize and good things will happen

Advertisement