Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping on Blasket Mor

Options
  • 10-05-2008 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Are people still allowed to go camping on the blaskets? last I heard(a few year ago) thay were building a private site...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Not sure, but it sounds fun!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭okshea

Ya last I heard there was some problems with camping there,though with the summer coming in Kerry there are a fair few class places on the main land (other than craggyt island!!!)! to camp,either in ze gr8 out doors accompanied by the sweet sounds of nature or beach partaaays(excluding when the beaches are taken over and ruined by pissheads..littering etc!!!:mad:) Why is it the blaskets you are loooking at specifaclly? Coz there are a fair few more class alternatives othet than that!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭stek

I was campin there a few years ago and it was amazing! After all the tourists leave on the last boat it just my cupotea. Although if you could recommend somewhere on the mainland it would be great! save me a boat trip.. If there was somewhere with a view of them even better! Theres a south wind blowing, i think its going to be good weather down there this week..
    Thanks for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭acorn

Anyone camped on Great Blasket recently ?

Is it still an option ?

Is there fresh water available ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

sounds like fun. don't own a boat though or i'd try it mself

• Advertisement
Advertisement