Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA Came To Reality

• 10-05-2008 12:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

What a mad night - here I was playing GTA4 on me new PS3 (just picked up the bundle yesterday), and flying through the early missions when the doorbell goes at around half past eleven. I open it up to see a guard standing outside and me jaw drops as I simultaneously notice that my car, which was parked only a couple of hours earlier across the road, is no longer across the road...

So the guard tells me that my car was stolen and taken to the Northside (Cork city) where it was abandoned shortly after. Someone then called in the abandoned car and it wound up in a Garda station across the river (I live on southside). Apparently there isn't too much damage but I won't believe that until I see it tomorrow.

The funny thing is that I was still in GTA-induced zombie mode when I opened the door so I wasn't quite sure whether to make a break for it when I saw the guard :/

Talk about a game coming to reality, I was too sickened to continue playing the game after returning to the sitting room, so just shut down the PS3...

This game is bad luck :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

You should have shot him, then nicked his car for vigilante missions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Tough break man. I find myself being affected by GTA in general, not just IV. If I am driving and any of the in game songs come on, I drive like an idiot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Don1 wrote: »
    Tough break man. I find myself being affected by GTA in general, not just IV. If I am driving and any of the in game songs come on, I drive like an idiot!

O jaysus, I hope none of the PC-anti brigade is reading this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

its ok, susan gray doesnt know ****e about GTA other than its BBBBBAAAADDDDD!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Sorry, I didnt break too much, Just a scratch on the side and you no longer have wing mirrors.

I also needed a new Radio so em...sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Similar thing happened to me... an Eastern European man named Nico appeared at my door this evening.

As he talked, white subtitles of what he was saying appeared just below my eyeline!

Was odd to say the least.

This has absolutly no relevance to GTA, like it's not like you were pulled out of your car while driving, you were informed about your car getting robbed while you were playing GTA, it's a joy-riding, happpens all the time!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

It's becoming real here also,i was called upstairs by the missus then asked did i want to press X or Y ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

op don't worry about it, just restart your life from your last save-point and your car should be waiting outside for you in perfect working order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Well I woke up this morning to the sound of my alarm clock and after a six hour sleep looked out the window and my car had not reappeared. I realise this thread is not exactly GTA game related (it is GTA reality related), but it was just a funny coincidence to have me car nicked whilst playing the game, so thought I'd post it here.

Aside: I realised this morning why the car was abandoned so soon after being nicked - the fuel tank was practically empty when I returned from work yesterday evening :D I'd like to think the mofo's who took it only got about 45 minutes driving, then maybe abandoned it temporarily to pick up fuel from a nearby station using a container possibly, only to return to find it had been towed by the guards!

Pickin it up later today

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Jackabo wrote: »
    It's becoming real here also,i was called upstairs by the missus then asked did i want to press X or Y ;)

was this on her xbox or playstation :p:p:p:p:p

i'll get me coat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You're very lucky to get it back. These stories usually end with a burned out wreck :(

What kind of car is it? Turismo? Comet? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

hahaha, yeah you should have asked to use the police computer for a sec.

"eh, sorry sir?"
    "the police computer, in the car? Can I use it?"
    "No.. I dont know what you're talking about"
    "I just want to see the most wanted in this area.... Or are there any criminals on foot. The ones on foot are the easiest.. you know?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

You'll have to go on a revenge killing spree now

Advertisement