Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

motorbikes are far too real

• 10-05-2008 12:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

is it just me or are the morotnikes impossible to handle properly, i know they handle and drive like the real things but the main problem im finding is that because of this and the lack of knowing how fast in real terms you are going i just keep ploughing off them. ive been stuck on one of the bike missions and have attempted it 15 times so far!!!!!!!!!!!! im going out of my mind with this mission arrrggggggggggg :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I'm doing fine on them. Just ease back on the throttle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Joe Robot wrote: »
    I'm doing fine on them. Just ease back on the throttle.
    Ease back? Are you mad! Flat out!! Its the only way!! Spectacular deaths ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Gently stab the throtttle as a form of traction-control if on the limit of grip.

Was a technique used by the late, great Ayrton Senna in F1 cars!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Flat out all the way, and shift your weight forwards for an extra bit of speed:cool:
    I guess just find yourself an NRG900 and take it for a prolonged spin, don't attempt the mission again until you're more used to the handling.

Bikes are definitely harder to drive than cars, but feel so much more rewarding if you pull off some sweet driving...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

pburns wrote: »
    Gently stab the throtttle as a form of traction-control if on the limit of grip.

Was a technique used by the late, great Ayrton Senna in F1 cars!

Didn't work very well for him, obviously:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

You may not realise it, but almost everybody, when moving the left stick (referring to xbox), tends to pull on it when moving to the left or right.
    When on motorbikes this causes the front wheel to go up a tiny bit, meaning there is no turning at all.
    Try pushing the stick up a little instead, but not too much.
    Ofcourse brake hard BEFORE each bend and accelerate going out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I find them handy enough to use aslong as I'm not speeding and shooting at same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

The choppers are far more controllable compared to the pcj or nrg. Probably down to their heavier weight and lower speed. Always brake before a corner, as on the light bikes never slam the brakes as they lose traction immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

im now at 23 attempts to complete the "i need your clothes your boots and your motorcycle" mission! no choice but to use the pcj bike for this mission , ahhh god i just wanna get it done! lol :o

ZygOte wrote: »
    im now at 23 attempts to complete the "i need your clothes your boots and your motorcycle" mission! no choice but to use the pcj bike for this mission , ahhh god i just wanna get it done! lol :o
    Fail the mission intentionally and bomb around on the motorbike for a bit, do some unique jumps, etc. That failing
    chase the bikers, they will get off eventually and there will be a fight on foot in a park

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

Yea, most chasing missions you can't shoot the guy or even catch up with him. You just have to follow until he stops. I found out the hard way after unloading my entire SMG ammo into the bike, only for him to stop 200 yards up the road completely undamaged :o

Kinda OT but...
    whats the best thing to use to kill the guys in the park? I got obliterated by them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Yea, most chasing missions you can't shoot the guy or even catch up with him. You just have to follow until he stops. I found out the hard way after unloading my entire SMG ammo into the bike, only for him to stop 200 yards up the road completely undamaged :o

Yeah that annoys me, I mean if I'm shooting him it should have an affect and fook the planned the sequence.

I should be rewarded for my accurate shooting, its not like its easy to aim and shoot with the right stick when also driving a motorbike and avoiding traffic.

Actually in all chases you can kill them while driving, with a good nade or an rpg even before they get moving. Sometimes you fail a mission when you kill them early tho, as what you want is destroyed. Remember that when you shoot out of cars you are hitting less than you think. Always aim for the driver

Fail the mission intentionally and bomb around on the motorbike for a bit, do some unique jumps, etc. That failing
    chase the bikers, they will get off eventually and there will be a fight on foot in a park

ta for the tips but your thinking of a different mission which was much earlier in the game, that was a piece of cake compared to this for me :)

I am too:D. Still the same rule applies. Or
    hop into a car, and run him off the road. I did that mission and crashed into a turismo, which I took as it was closer, and ran him off the bike, only to drive over the body multiple times to ensure death:D

I am too:D. Still the same rule applies. Or
    hop into a car, and run him off the road. I did that mission and crashed into a turismo, which I took as it was closer, and ran him off the bike, only to drive over the body multiple times to ensure death:D

i tried this aswell, if you leave the bike, the mission fails telling you that the bike was abandoned :(

Have you tried just following him, and concentrating on staying on the bike. Maybe he gets off eventually, or crashes

finally got him after 25 attempts gez im an rtard

Better late than never!! Bet you can commandeer a motorbike like a racer now:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Kinda OT but...
    whats the best thing to use to kill the guys in the park? I got obliterated by them!
    I got out of the motorbike, and got a car. That way I could run them over while shooting from the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Gava1986

ZygOte wrote: »
    is it just me or are the morotnikes impossible to handle properly, i know they handle and drive like the real things but the main problem im finding is that because of this and the lack of knowing how fast in real terms you are going i just keep ploughing off them. ive been stuck on one of the bike missions and have attempted it 15 times so far!!!!!!!!!!!! im going out of my mind with this mission arrrggggggggggg :mad:

This guy is as bad as the 2 puffs in the other thread complaining bout the shopping & the camera phone! If wasnt realistic ud complain that it wasnt! a weak woman want wat ya cant have. If u cant take the heat get out of the kitchen! Full blast all the way uzi going mad!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Kinda OT but...

Chuck Norris.
    Or take cover behind the trees and use the smgs. Always go for a headshot, makes life much easier. Not for them mind. They be dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

are you using the SIXAXIS or something? If so STOP because its sh!te.

Although I will agree that going from using a car to a motorbike is a lot different. If you are used to driving a car you are used to crashing into everything and being able to peel away. If you crash on a motorbike you are pretty much guaranteed to fall off.

Also,
    that mission where you have to shoot the guys in the park
    is a pretty easy one compared to some of the later missions when you are on faster bikes in more traffic.

I'd say just practice with the bikes as much as possible and get used to controlling your speed and cornering otherwise the later missions are going to frustrate you to no end.

Also, I have a question myself about the bikes, when you do a wheelie on the front wheel is there anyway to keep this going?

So what do you suggest using instead of the SIXAXIS?

So what do you suggest using instead of the SIXAXIS?

the left analogue stick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Best way is to be gentle on the steering, and slow down, well in advance of turns.

By the third or forth attempt at a mission, you should know the route to follow, anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Also, I have a question myself about the bikes, when you do a wheelie on the front wheel is there anyway to keep this going?
    An endo?

Go faster before hitting the brakes, and don't stear or you'll come off sideways.

robinph wrote: »
    An endo?

Go faster before hitting the brakes, and don't stear or you'll come off sideways.

No I mean I can pull off an endo no problem, but the bike will eventually slow down and stop as only the rear wheel has power... is there any way to keep it going for a long time?

• Advertisement

All you can do is release the brake at the "sweet spot" and roll while balancing on the front wheel. You cannot keep speed in an endo. Downhill is the only option to keep speed. Endos are much harder in IV compared to previous GTA games. Thats all down to proper physics.

Advertisement