Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11/10 Celtic for the league

Options
  • 10-05-2008 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

My thinking on this is that Celtic need only win their 2 remaining games as I cannot see Rangers winning all theirs. Celtic are 2/9 to win v Hibs on Sunday and I have them about 1/3 in their final game v Dundee United away. To bet that double would only pay less than 4/6 but the outright betting has them at 11/10. (PP and Spoils) Even if Rangers prevail v Dundee Utd later today, a Celtic victory Sunday, would leave Rangers requiring wins in three crucial away games and I can think of no greater incentive to the home sides in these games than by being the team to deprive the gers of the title.
    What is stopping me is the prospect of the double whammy of doing my dough and seeing Celtic finish runners up! :(
    Could somebody convince me not to partake please?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Don't partake.

That work?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

and I have them about 1/3 in their final game v Dundee United away.

I think this bit is slightly flawed to be honest - Would they really be 1/3 away to the 4th place team in the league, when that team will possibly still be in the running for the UEFA spot?
    I think you are guilty of building an artificial case because you want it to happen - you are also assigning a desire on behalf of teams that they would want to stop Rangers, but don't seem to be applying the same to Celtics opponents.
    Good luck anyway. Hail hail etc :)

Advertisement