Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Majorca

Options
  • 10-05-2008 5:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I'm just back from Majorca and I could not belive it not one woman went topless on the beach or in the resort compared with a few years ago since i was last there, have we been made to cover up or is there a change in attitude or are we just gone shy?

I guess I'll have to use a bottle to top us :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Just back today myself from Majorca and noticed the same thing. The only people I saw topless on the beach were the Spanish!!

Wouldn't expose my puppies now myself (after 2 sprogs) but have done in the past and was surprised myself at the lack of boobs out on the beach!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Ms_Taurus

I was in Majorca 10 years ago and there was only topless sunbathing in the resort, all the women there were topless even women with their families, you were the odd one out if you ahd your top on, there was one woman there sunbathing topless with her sons and my friend said at least he wo'nt go wild when he gets older as he's seen enough boobs at a young age.

On the beach I only saw 1 woman topless that was 10 years ago, I was in Malta rescently and topless sunbathing is banned yet everyone does it including me and their still white :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

I reckon it's the new post 9/11 conservatism, mixed with increasing self consciousness. Photoshopped magazine pictures set impossibly high standards of perfection and pertness that few women can match.

Guys don't escape either, speedos are becoming rare on beaches now, even on guys that can, ahem, fill them properly! It's all baggy shorts and swimming cossies :confused:

Try the beaches of Fuerteventura/Lanzarote etc if you want an all over tan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Yeah that's a memory that has stuck in my head since I was a kid and holidaying in Majorca!

When I went to Cyprus last year, it seemed to be more the Cypriot women topless...although I was very tempted to do it also!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I was over there twice last year... Can't say I noticed any drop in it.

Although a holiday resort is my idea of hell on Earth.. so anywhere I would have seen it would have been on the beaches up in Sóller.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yeah that's a mammary that has stuck in my head since I was a kid and holidaying in Majorca!

Fixed that for you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Consistant increase of pressure to look a certain way?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

milod wrote: »

speedos are becoming rare on beaches now

Thank fúck for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Max_Nash

Why do you want to go topless anyway its not as if your going to have them on display I do'nt see the point?

I would not be happy if my g/f went topless on holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Lough_Swan wrote: »
    I'm just back from Majorca and I could not belive it not one woman went topless on the beach or in the resort compared with a few years ago since i was last there, have we been made to cover up or is there a change in attitude or are we just gone shy?

I guess I'll have to use a bottle to top us :(

I wouldnt do it as:

1. My boobs are private.

2. I don't see the point of sunbathing in general, it prematurly ages your skin.

3. I have fair skin and don't want burnt nipples or skin cancer, I'm guessing that area would be even more likely to burn, seeing as it is hardly ever exposed to direct sunlight,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Ms_Taurus

Max_Nash wrote: »
    Why do you want to go topless anyway its not as if your going to have them on display I do'nt see the point?

I would not be happy if my g/f went topless on holiday

Personally, I love the feeling of freedom. Up until a few years ago I removed the bikini top and it was great. I am on holiday and figure I’ll never see these people again anyway who will see me.

I would advise that you dont hold back your girl friend if she wants to, its her choice and there is nothing wrong with it, its only a human body. It's nothing to do with male attention, and in europe it really doesn't attract that much because it is just so normal.

There are worse sights on a beach like men that are pushing their 30 pound beer belly around-and have hairy backs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Lough_Swan

I wouldnt do it as:

1. My boobs are private.

2. I don't see the point of sunbathing in general, it prematurly ages your skin.

3. I have fair skin and don't want burnt nipples or skin cancer, I'm guessing that area would be even more likely to burn, seeing as it is hardly ever exposed to direct sunlight,

What are you a nun, I'm sure your more than you have seen them ;)

Use suncream and moisterise you skin, too much make up also prematurly ages your skin as it dries it out.

Its no big deal nodody looks anyway as your not exposing yourself in a sexual pose. dont knock it until you try it

Advertisement