Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is this helicopter flying ?

• 10-05-2008 8:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,611 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyisg9-Mwjw

Don't know if this has been posted before but it is a nice piece of video. Try not to read the youtube comments first

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Have seen this before, I think the frame rate of the camera has been matched exactly to the rmp of the rotor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Have seen this before, I think the frame rate of the camera has been matched exactly to the rmp of the rotor.

I agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Yeh, I've seen this one and a couple others as well. Its the video frame rate being the same as the rotors alright.

If you didn't know, it looks pretty freaky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Anyone ever used a strobe to adjust the timing on an engine?
    Similar effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

That helicopter has an additional pair of wings if you look closely. This is what is holding it up. This is to protect the chopper from catastrophic gear box failure. The Russians are not that stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Theres a huge magnet hidden inside and a magnet in a truck below. Theres a wire to stop the chopper straying too far from the truck and falling to its doom.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

It's so ugly the ground is repelling it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

It's so ugly the ground is repelling it.

LOL! Heard that answer somewhere as well! :D:D:D

Advertisement