Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subscribed Threads

Options
  • 10-05-2008 9:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭

Not quite sure where to put this one.

I subscribed to a thread yesterday using the Thread Tools > Subscibe option, I was sort of surprised to find that I am subscribed to about 5400 threads. Presumably this has happened as I have selected the options to "automatically subscribe to threads posted in" and "receive email if a thread you are subscribed to is updated".

I know I can un-subscribe from all threads but that's a bit severe.

Should the current feature be changed to only subscribe posters to threads for a period of say 3 months from the poster's most recent post on the thread?

I suspect monitoring threads like this creates a significant overhead on the servers? Especially given the number of threads and posters we have. I may be wrong but there might be an efficiency we could achieve there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Hagar wrote: »
    Should the current feature be changed to only subscribe posters to threads for a period of say 3 months from the poster's most recent post on the thread?
    I like seeing when the old threads get dragged up. It could be made optional if possible though.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement