Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GRID demo?

• 10-05-2008 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

Is it up on XBL?

If so anyone tried it?

Very interested in teh drifting part of it and wondering if I should pre.book it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Yeah its on Live from Thursday.
    Its very good from what ive played of it.Takes some getting used to though.
    The demo has everything on it includeing so xbox live races.
    Well worth downloading.

Also there is a chance to win a real BMW 3-series :)
    http://www.exiledgamers.com/v2/story-526-Race-Driver-GRID.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Think NedVed sent me a recommendation of it.. but didn't bother downloading it.

It's not like I respect his opinion or anything!

Pfft! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Haven't played it on the 360 yet, been playing it on the Ps3.. Will deffo be getting it. Really like it... I'm enjoying the demo way more than GT prologue... Just beat the time for the 3 series comp :-)

What time did you get unklerosco?
    I got 1:17:41 which beat the record but the best time according to the leaderboard is 1:14:00.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

excellent news lads.

Think I'll be ordering it on gamesnash for the craic. It's due out soon enough.

Hope I'm home tho :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

basquille wrote: »
    Think NedVed sent me a recommendation of it.. but didn't bother downloading it.

It's not like I respect his opinion or anything!

Pfft! :D
    :eek:

Your missin out by not downloading it!excellent demo,anyone up for a few races?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

The driving model is complete bollocks. One of the worst I've ever driven.

Makes GTA seem good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Can you elaborate on that?

GRID isn't strictly a sim nor is it a pure arcade game.

The handling is a little unusual to say the least. It takes time to get used to it but after a few races on the demo I think I have the hang of it.
    This video shows you how the game runs
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=S5Q1geM8DN0

BFassassin wrote: »
    What time did you get unklerosco?
    I got 1:17:41 which beat the record but the best time according to the leaderboard is 1:14:00.

I got 1.17.14... That was on the PS3, I say I can go a bit faster on the 360 as the controller is way better. As for 1.14.... No hope

ie.. On the PS3 I was getting about 100k on the drift... 1st time out on the 360 n I got 600k+... The 360 pad gives you waaaayyy more control.

As for the car handling, it does take a bit of time to get used to it but once you do its quite fun...

The damage modeling is class too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Horrible, horrible game to play. In fairness it looks amazing, absolutely spot on, but the handling of the cars is atrocious. The cars in no way feel attached to the surface of the road and I'd love to know what turbo the S15 in the drift mode is running as it has no bother getting on full boost and spinning wheels taking off in fourth ...

The race mode is ten times worse, braking and steering are more like on/off switches than controlled inputs.

Such a shame :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Ye have to agree with the negativity towards this game. Handling is piss poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I tried it yesterday and I think it's pretty cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Well I've liked all the ToCA games so I'm looking forward to this!

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Horrible, horrible game to play. In fairness it looks amazing, absolutely spot on, but the handling of the cars is atrocious. The cars in no way feel attached to the surface of the road and I'd love to know what turbo the S15 in the drift mode is running as it has no bother getting on full boost and spinning wheels taking off in fourth ...

The race mode is ten times worse, braking and steering are more like on/off switches than controlled inputs.

Such a shame :(

Agree with u on the S15 but once u get the hang of it its fun...

I think thats what the game is about... Pick it up for a quick blast n enjoy it. I'm really liking the demo and will deffo be getting it when its out. Its just fast, frantic n fun..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭asharkman

I played it and liked it a lot. 20 cars on screen at once! wow!
    i was a major fan of TOCA though, really loved that game.
    As for winning the car, you gotta be in the top 5 AND then you go to england to race against the other top 4.
    Here's the leader board http://community.racedrivergrid.com/win-a-bmw/scoreboard.php

I played it but only played race mode so wasn't exactly concentrating on getting a best time. more concentrating on surviving the race. Really good fun if they can do 20 people online at once it'd be mental!

There is a time trial mode for setting the fastest time. It would be really tough to get into the top 5 but its worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Got the demo the other day. Graphics are bloody sweet! the handling is unusual but i liked it nonetheless. Will be giving it a go come the 30th anyway!

Advertisement