Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Road

Options
  • 10-05-2008 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭

Anyone know when it'll be finally done?

They seem to have re-surfaced it up as far as Bons when I drove up there yesterday, but God it really is taking a long time, what is it a year at this stage being torn up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

All roadworks in Cork seem to take forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

They seem to have a really weird system going where they kinda sorta half finish one section in a manner of speaking, then skip about 15 feet and repeat the process. Fairly sure it's them who keep making my tap water go brown as well. How I loathe them. They've got another two years or so to arse about before they get worse than Galway though, that Eyre Square thing, jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 10,959 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

It's defintitely started around a year ago, i was living by the lough last summer and was working by CIT, so i used to get bus down there, it sucked...

Any real reason why it's taking so long? They seem to be just doing bits here and there...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

simu wrote: »
    All roadworks in Cork seem to take forever.

so true. How many times has Patrick's St & Grand Parade been dug up in the past 7 years? jobs for the boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

How far down are they going? To the roundabout or stopping by the convent?

I took the right hand turn to go down Jailwalk and almost took off going over the bump!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Looksl like its going to be finished right for the end of the college year. Well done guys! Now the No.5 can chug along summer to get used to the place before the students comeback.

Wonder what the Traffic will be like with the new pedestrian footpaths on the roads you turn down the hill next the the Kane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Due to be completed by September.

The new fencing from Elec Eng to Pharmacy is very bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Wonder what the Traffic will be like with the new pedestrian footpaths on the roads you turn down the hill next the the Kane.

Brutal

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

they look like they'll be fierce slippy for pedestrians in the rain. they're a bit annoying when you have to slow for the bumps too

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

Any real reason why it's taking so long? They seem to be just doing bits here and there...
    Funding or lack thereof coupled with the fact that a number of different companies were working on it, one crowd doing the paths one crowd doing the pipes another doing the the stone pedestrian thingys and so on also it seems to me they really did the whole thing arse ways and didn't have a clear plan in place for when each section should start but looks like we are nearly there now.
    Also am i the only one who thinks they should've narrowed the paths by the bus stops so they could pull in when picking people up so the traffic doesn't have to stop, in fairness its rare enough you'd get a chance to pass them there when they are stopped?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

They have now removed parking at either side of college road. I noticed that a bus went out from town via College Road for the first time in quite a while this morning, so perhaps they're getting closer to finishing it?

I suppose knowing Ireland they'll only bother to resurface the road up to Health Sciences Complex?(I'm assuming they will since they've only gone that far with the new pavements)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,959 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

E92 wrote: »
    They have now removed parking at either side of college road. I noticed that a bus went out from town via College Road for the first time in quite a while this morning, so perhaps they're getting closer to finishing it?

That seems to be an arbitrary decision that each bus driver takes themselves as to whether or not they go along college road, some do, some don't...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

dulpit wrote: »
    That seems to be an arbitrary decision that each bus driver takes themselves as to whether or not they go along college road, some do, some don't...
    LOL how typically Irish!

This morning the recently resurfaced road outside UCC was down to one lane again, they had painted in bus stop markings on the road, and now they had to put a red section where the bus stop markings were, meaning that they'll have to paint "bus" on the road and mark it out all over again:D!

Advertisement