Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Identity, Diverty And Change

• 10-05-2008 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Anyone else lost in this module?? what is everyone studying?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I did this module last year. It's a very woolly module that's for sure. I'd recommend you study the teachings of identity in both sections of the module. It's very important to have your exam answers context specific and/or based on theoretical readings. I'd say the lecturer would be especially watching out for excessive waffling given the nature of the module.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

For the Nationalism bit I've been going over what was covered in the first few lectures - the 'what is a nation?' type stuff, am going to go over some of the readings he mentioned in his last lecture too. For the last part of the course I've been reading back over the 3 case studies from that Nayak book. I'll be going through some of the Kastoryano stuff too, I'm not 100% sure what I'll focus on there yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭FledNanders

I was really specific to readings and theories in this exam last year and I didn't do too well :(

Hard to know what they're looking for it's a bit of a weird module!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 janabelle

hey were there specific reading watson pointed to in the last lecture? or you just talking about the reading list overall. i've went through all his lectures trying to understand nationalism, nation, national identity etc but when i looked at sample questions from last year i didn't know they to start:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

janabelle wrote: »
    hey were there specific reading watson pointed to in the last lecture? or you just talking about the reading list overall. i've went through all his lectures trying to understand nationalism, nation, national identity etc but when i looked at sample questions from last year i didn't know they to start:mad:
    He mentioned a few in the last lecture, I don't think they're on the reading list. Stuff about the Irish language and identity and immigration I think. I was looking at the past papers before, it doesn't look like the stuff we covered - I'm pretty sure one of the lecturers said the course was different last year. It's been like that with a few of modules so I could be thinking of something else though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement