Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

2008 Graduates-what will you do as a grown up?!

• 10-05-2008 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Just wondering what all students that graduate from UCD are going to do once they have finished in a few days. I am going to Chicago for 3 months but don't have the foggiest what Im going to do with my life. :( People keep askin what I can do with a Science degree and my reponse is always the same "leave before I punch you in the cheek"

So has anyone figured out their life, or am I alone and destined to become a bum:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Do you really expect to have all the answers at our age? Just see how it goes for you and take advantage of opportunities in whatever direction you pursue. I would seriously doubt anybody would have their 'life planned out' before leaving college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I graduated last year. I'm a risk analyst. Only decided in June after I finished.
    It's a good job for now certainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Go to Canada, and then back to college for a masters. Defer the decision for another year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Just wondering what all students that graduate from UCD are going to do once they have finished in a few days. I am going to Chicago for 3 months but don't have the foggiest what Im going to do with my life. :( People keep askin what I can do with a Science degree and my reponse is always the same "leave before I punch you in the cheek"

So has anyone figured out their life, or am I alone and destined to become a bum:confused:

What degree was it? I'm 4th science as well.

I will be pissing about for the Summer then probably start applying for jobs at the end of August and hopefully manage to get one sometime before Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

i presume you are aged somewhere between 21-23 so really there is no point sh!tting yourself over your future everything will fall into place, just go out there and try new things, this is actually the most liberating point in your lifetime

i honestly dont know what i'm doing with myself with my super employable Arts degree. i'm not going back to a masters immediately, i need out of education to regain any enthusiasm i may have for an masters so that will be put on ice for at least a year. what will i be doing for the next year? as long as i'm not on the dole i'll be happy. sweet f**k all jobs out there compared to a year or two year ago and with the economy heading for recession by end of year its probably the worst year to come out with a degree. i have experience in insurance mainly in the admin and marketing side of things so i may try to look there for something starting at the bottom. if i go to do a masters it will definitely be one of urban planning or sustainable development or anything related to energy in general (the moolah will be there in the future!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement