Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Present for a cyclist?

Options
  • 10-05-2008 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a present for my cycling-mad boyfriend.

Are there any good books, or anything else that you would love your girlfriend to buy you?

thanks

T

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

If my girl friend presented me with the Tim Krabbe book The Rider and a Genuine Innovations Hybrid Carbon road pump,id cry,if she went a step further and got me one the Rapha gift packs id marry her on the spot,you can check out their website here,http://www.rapha.cc/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Tridion

OK phew, glad I got a response within my price range! Thanks bunnygreen :)

Any other suggestions appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭avalanche

Hi, be careful though cos us bike freaks can be pretty picky. do you know if he is into road or mountainbike? clothing is a pretty safe bet though, a nice pair of glasses, a good helmet, shorts or jacket. when it comes to the actual bike stuff it can be hard to pick somehthing he will like and can be very expensive. see what he has that looks a bit worn out and go for an upgrade i reckon. i personally wouldnt be into books etc as its more about the activity itself.

Well he's a triathlete so definitely into road bikes. He just bought himself a new roadbike so thats off the list (thank god).

Yeah I think I'll get him that book & then something else

That's great advise so thanks guys - just what I was looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

It ma y seem like a bit of a cop out, but a voucher for somewhere like Wiggle would go down a treat if it was me -then he can buy what he likes...

(wiggle.co.uk is an online shop that sells EVERYTHING!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

It can be a tough one, as avalanche says he probably knows more about what he might need and where to get it- I think it would be risky your trying to buy actual bike stuff or upgrades to the bike as you might get something completely wrong.

How much money were you looking to spend?

A voucher for Wiggle is certainly a safe bet although I generally think vouchers are a bit of a non-memorable present.

I think the book idea is a good one. Also, if he hasn't seen it, Play.com have The Flying Scotsman for £5.99 delivered.

Zinn and the Art of Road Bike Maintenance is a great book for learning how to look after your bike (I got this myself recently.) He also has a triathlon one which if it is any was as good as the road bike one would be well worth it.

I just got him that Krabbé book so I hope he likes it.

Dang, if I had time I'd have ordered that Flying Scotsman as well but I suppose I don't need a reason to give him a present so I can get it & give it to him in a few weeks.

And I've taken note of the rest for future reference. I don't have too high a budget now but in future I will so can get him more expensive things. Hey, are there any cycling trainers out there that would do a one-off coaching session? Just a thought..

Thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Tridion wrote: »
    I suppose I don't need a reason to give him a present

in future I will so can get him more expensive things.
    If you ever break up send me a pm. I'll even give you a list to make the present buying easier. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

What about a nice Rock n Roll Cycling Jersey?

http://www.primalwear.com/

Got one for myself and it arrived in 2days from the US.

Advertisement