Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Barge To The D4 Tractor

Options
  • 10-05-2008 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Well the the da has come up with a plan to sell both his and his partners car and buy a X5 and i'm disgusted!!

He plans to get rid of his S500 which he and i love, and her 318i and go for a 3L oilburner X5.

How do i get him on my side of thinking to stick with the 3 Point brigade?

No that i care but opions on the X5? Either that or he's going for a Range Rover.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Ah, thats unfortunate.

I personally think it's a bit hideous but at least it's not a Ssangyong Actyon!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Do they really believe they can live in harmony with only 1 car is the first thing I'd question.

Oh and tell him to get an Amazon:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Tell him to get rid of the S500....for another S500:D!

And change the 318i for a 6 pot 3 series like a 320i if it's an E46 or a 325i if it's an E90.

4X4s are just about the most overrated cars there are...BMWs or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Tell him Victoria Beckham drives an X5.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,424 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Anan1 wrote: »
    Tell him Victoria Beckham drives an X5.

LOL. Don't tell her though :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

X5, the choice of drug dealers and criminals alike...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Well they dont really drive them much, my dad has a company van and the car wouldnt be used from sunday - friday thats paying 1300E a year tax:eek:

Her on the other hand would drive it during the week tho work and shopping.

Even on the way home today i was counting them, must have seen about 9 X5's

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

We were pointing and laughing at an X5 today. The driver inside was not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

Tell your dad to hold onto the s500 or get annother one. Get himself a PSV licence and tax it for €72 after paying out an initial €1,000 for limo licence (€121 per year after). Tax will go up after july so a very cost efficient way of doing things.

Or if he's got his heart set tell him to get a GL320 cdi at least, no discourage him at all costs and stick with the S, the new ones are absolutely back to their best, beautiful cars (I've driven both 750il and S500, merc everytime) although haven't driven a lexus LS yet, I believe they're stunning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

nialler wrote: »
    Tell your dad to hold onto the s500 or get annother one. Get himself a PSV licence and tax it for €72 after paying out an initial €1,000 for limo licence
    Wouldn't that be an open invitation to the revenue to come and audit your income from your "limo business" ?:D:D

peasant wrote: »
    Wouldn't that be an open invitation to the revenue to come and audit your income from your "limo business" ?:D:D

I'm sure VB would gladly spend a few nights a week doing work for the firm if he could get said tax rate for his own car and then there would be legitimate revenues.

There is a system for everything, it's all about knowing how to work it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Ah yes, but you still have to pay limo insurance...

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

Ah yes, but you still have to pay limo insurance...

which isn't that expensive, still works out cost effective. All you need to do is one or two jobs a year and you're sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

biko wrote: »
    We were pointing and laughing at an X5 today. The driver inside was not happy.

Why?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭250882

Well I would assume that if I pointed and laughed at you, you wouldnt be happy either.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

nialler wrote: »
    which isn't that expensive, still works out cost effective. All you need to do is one or two jobs a year and you're sorted.
    I dunno, have you factored in the damage PSV taxation would to to the car's resale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Your old man needs a slap in the face to get him to snap out of it! An AMG is what he needs!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,424 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Volvoboy wrote: »
    my dad has a company van and the car wouldnt be used from sunday - friday
    Volvoboy wrote: »
    Her on the other hand would drive it during the week tho work and shopping

Ah! Sell the BMW. She can drive the S-class during the week and he can drive it at the weekend. Problem solved. Lots of money saved to pay the road tax for at least a decade :D

Advertisement