Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40,000 people CAN be wrong....X6 is sold out for this year

• 10-05-2008 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭

Worse than that, but BMW now wants to make a cheaper X6...it will be called the X4 and as with the X6 being based on the X5, the X4 will be based on the next generation X3.

BMW should remember that their cars are supposed to be "The Ultimate Driving Machine" not providers of transport to yummy mummies:(!

What is the point of a supposed Coupé on stilts that can go off road, which isn't even a proper Coupé as it has 4 door?

If you want an SUV with a BMW badge, BMW already provides you with 2 choices, the X3 and X5, we certainly don't need another(though 40,000 fools disagree with me, but you know what they say about fools and their money.....), next we'll have an X1 and now worse is the fact that they want to build an X6 type thing based on the next generation X3.

Story here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

All I can say is WOW!

40.000 fools and their money ...easily parted.

Somebody on the upper floors in BMW must have died from laughing :D

That vehicle is the definition of overpriced, pointless uselessness.

I know ...here on this forum the underlying theme is "each to their own" ...but this is stretching it.
    What is the point of a coupé on stilts that can go off road?

Well, if the X5 is anything to go by, it can't even do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Golferx

E92 wrote: »
    Worse than that, but BMW now wants to make a cheaper X6...it will be called the X4 and as with the X6 being based on the X5, the X4 will be based on the next generation X3.

BMW should remember that their cars are supposed to be "The Ultimate Driving Machine" not providers of transport to yummy mummies:(!

What is the point of a supposed Coupé on stilts that can go off road, which isn't even a proper Coupé as it has 4 door?

If you want an SUV with a BMW badge, BMW already provides you with 2 choices, the X3 and X5, we certainly don't need another(though 40,000 fools disagree with me, but you know what they say about fools and their money.....), next we'll have an X1 and now worse is the fact that they want to build an X6 type thing based on the next generation X3.

Story here.

So what if BMW create a new car and people want to buy it? Get over it, will you?

Cars are fashion statements. Some people like some cars, others don't like some others. It's time for people like you to get a life and chill out.

Tell you what? Don't buy a X-series. BMW will understand.

As for the X6? I have no opinion on the car whatsoever. As for the people who buy it? Whatever rocks your boat is OK with me.

As for the SUV-police, those who hate the genre? Too bad, lads. You're only doing yourselves damage with your self-induced stress.

It never ceases to amaze how so many who claim to be motoring fans are really clueless when it comes to the subject of cars.

In reality, they are nothing more than opinionated individuals who's opinion is not one bit more important that that of the stereo-typed gay hairdresser driving an MX5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

If this was on the motors forum there would be 497 pages by now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

I didn't like the look of it from photo's in car mags, but having seen a few on the road, it definitly looks better in the metal. Although if I was in that market, the new X5 would do it for me, as long as I had a need for a 4x4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

The power of marketing...........

• Advertisement
Advertisement