Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

illegals

Options
  • 10-05-2008 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.Im from cork and what ive seen lately has made me sick.Ive seen alot of illegal activity on our waters.Guys killing and eating pike and long lining lakes.We all know who they are and where they are from.so just keep your eyes open and ring the cops when you see it happening....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

It is going on for a number of years now, and I am sorry to say that from personal experience, that ringing the cops gets nothing done on the matter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Well from my experience,80% of the time they do show up when you give a ring or a bailiff...to be honest its just way too annoying and wrong for me to not ring them.Manys a long line i pulled in and made s**t of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭CZ 453

This thread was bairly looked at....Very annoying.Its lack of knowledge and reporting that is the main cause of this!!!!!so BUMP

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

shezer wrote: »
    This thread was bairly looked at....Very annoying.

That might be due to the choice of title for the thread ... the likely "illegal alien" connotation was probably sufficient to cause some eyes to not click to read more ....
    shezer wrote: »
    Its lack of knowledge and reporting that is the main cause of this!!!!!so BUMP
    No doubt about that. It's always been the refusal to tolerate poaching by the everyday anglers that eventually grinds poachers down. They know they can dodge waterkeepers who are thin on the ground, for a while.
    But when every single other angler on a water is almost certainly making a telephone call when he sees stuff going on, bringing the waterkeepers to them, they find it better to go elsewhere/rob something else.

I urge every angler to put the tel numbers of the local fishery board into their mobile, and give these poachers no breaks when spotted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 angling mad

I had teh fisheries guys got to a problem in caven there a few week ago. There werer there in quick time and sorted teh problem if you dont ring NOTHING will happen ..... so ring them or the police if it is a an illegal fishing problem it is the law and the police must come
    How do I report illegal fishing or poaching?

If you think you have witnessed someone fishing illegally or poaching you should contact the local Regional Fisheries Board HQ as soon as you can.
    Eastern Regional Fisheries Board. Tel: +353 1 2787022
    Southern Regional Fisheries Board. Tel: + 353 52 23624
    South Western Regional Fisheries Board. Tel: +353 26 41221
    Shannon Regional Fisheries Board. Tel: +353 61 300238
    Western Regional Fisheries Board. Tel: +353 91 563118
    North Western Regional Fisheries Board. Tel: +353 96 22623
    Northern Regional Fisheries Board. Tel: +353 71 9851435
    Alternatively you can email the information to the CFB.
    Or www.prebait.com has a reporting functionality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Go to www.fishingtalkireland.com the best angling forum for ireland there is. Registration is free and i can guarantee you will get the feedback you need on any matter. Look for me on there using the username i use on here if you need help with the site and who's who etc. Alternatively you can use the numbers posted above. The fisheries boards will take your calls and act on them ASAP.

Advertisement