Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugot 307 reversing light

Options
  • 10-05-2008 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to figure out the colour of the wire which powers the reversing light on my wifes 307 as I want to split it to attach something to it.Anybody any idea what colour wire it is.There are loads of different colour wires but I've no idea which one it is?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Look at the light itself - you should be able to see the wire there; might have to remove a panel or the light cluster first.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

I took it apart but still can't identity which one it is.Anyybody else able to shed any light?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

What are you trying to do? There may be a simpler way.

I'm trying to fit parking sensors to the rear of a 307sw and I have to "tap" into the reversing light cable so that when the car is put into reverse it will activate the sensors

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Moanin wrote: »
    I'm trying to fit parking sensors to the rear of a 307sw and I have to "tap" into the reversing light cable so that when the car is put into reverse it will activate the sensors

Could you wedge the sensor wire between the bulb and contact??

• Advertisement

Good idea I will try that.

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Get a voltmeter. Turn the ignition and pop the gear lever into reverse and make sure that all other lights are switched off. Put the negative probe of the voltmeter to something metal (boot lock striker plate would be good). Use the positive probe to check for voltage at the connector block leading to the cluster. The one that registers voltage will be the wire you are looking for. If you can't get a voltmeter, use a spare 12V bulb and two lengths of wire.

Crosstownk, I will try this firstly but will have to go with the bulb and 2 pieces of wire scenario.

Thanks

Advertisement