Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help XP Install Fail. Fatal System Error

• 10-05-2008 3:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Hey

Trying to install XP on my Dell 6400. I get about half way through the install and I get a blue screen

"Stop: c000021a {fatal system error}
    The windows subsystem system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of Oxc0000006 (0x7c921a9d 0x0051f1c4). The system has been shut down"

Anyone have any idea why windows wont intall.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,482 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I'm not an 'expert' by any means! :)

got this via google

http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-91711-Help-STOPc000021a-Fatal-system-errorstatus-0xc0000006.html

links to http://windowsxp.mvps.org/spuninst.htm

This was what I googled: Stop: c000021a {fatal system error} Oxc0000006

[edit] I copied the error code from your post, but now I noticed you typed upper case O instead of zero 0 as the first character. If you are googling it yourself, use the zero instead! [/edit]

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭Baraboo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,482 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ Not the same error though.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭Baraboo

C021a Stop Error can sometimes be caused by Roxio GoBack, which is included in Nortons system works. If you have GoBack installed try to disable it on startup.

Are you doing a complete wipe and reinstall or just an over the top install to resolve some other error? Are you using the Dell recovery disk or using a standard XP sp2 disk? Was there any consistent previous error showing up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Hey, doing a full wipe & reinstall of windows from an XP home installation CD following a boot failure, corrupt 32 file. The problem at the moment is that when installing files from CD to PC it tells me that it cant transfer halfway through at various points of the transfer , each time I try to boot from the disk. Once today I got it to 100% and then had the above issue mid windows install. Went back to do it all again and now im still getting various crashes on the transfer.

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Are you sure the CD is OK ?

test it in another computer with some thing like isobuster or copying the i386 folder across

Advertisement