Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State of the game ? Arena focus

Options
  • 10-05-2008 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

So i use to play the game since beta for about 3 years
    and i left a few months after they anounced wotlk and arena's had started
    i thought this isnt a good move i dont want to pay 15 a month to sit in a 4x4 box and duel some over powered class combinations. But i finished college and im tempted to go back and check it out with the new updates and stuff.
    So how is the game am i going to be forced into world of arena craft to get some decent gear ! Is the game now like it was just before the launch of TBC and everyone one is in identicle pvp gear again ?

Ive been reading the wow forums and i dont think ive seen so meny complaints
    and i read something about E Sports :confused: i dont think wow will be the same if i go back :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

There is still the same PvE aspects to the game, the difference is just that the casual types can progress their gear simply by taking part in an hours worth of arena games a week. In the majority of cases that is far easier than grinding through countless instances, just to get into one of the few elite guilds that can clear T6+ content.

However, with the intended changes in 2.4.2, making almost all arena pieces require a minimum arena rating, you will see alot less of people running around in "end game" gear just by grinding 10 games a week for a few months.

And 5v5 arena games in wow are infinitely more balanced than any other mmo pvp combat I have ever experienced.

Advertisement