Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA4 Online

• 10-05-2008 4:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭

I've been playing ranked matches today and havn't managed to finish a single game, the bloody thing keeps disconnecting.

The game says sometimes that I am the only player left, out of 16?
    And other times the game ends saying it lost contact with one or more players?

Anyone else experiencing this sort of thing, my firewall is off and I get 24ms when pinging www.boards.ie.

Is this a server issue or my connection?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

well im playing on ps3 and its happening to me also.it worked fine for first day of games release but it keeps tellin me now that connection has been lost for one or more players.i can get into the online menus no problem,but as i wait for the game to start it just disconnects.pain in the foot!!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭synacron trion

I couldnt join a ranked match this morning when I tried. It said that I had been disconnected. My friend across the road from me has been having the same problem for the last couple of days.

EDIT: Im on 360 fyi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

I'm getting this too :(

Is it happening even with the new patch?

I'm getting this too :(

Is it happening even with the new patch?

Are you PS3 or 360?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

For myself and every one i know that plays online the same thing happens.
    Which is all the more reason to leave online gaming to pc!

• Advertisement

For myself and every one i know that plays online the same thing happens.
    Which is all the more reason to leave online gaming to pc!

PS3 or 360?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

hapens to everyone, no solution yet, as far as i know rockstar havent rekleased and info as to when an update will fix this. Try rebootring your xbox when it happens, it works for me sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

PS3 or 360?
    Sorry 360

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭horsecrap

kildare75 wrote: »
    well im playing on ps3 and its happening to me also.it worked fine for first day of games release but it keeps tellin me now that connection has been lost for one or more players.i can get into the online menus no problem,but as i wait for the game to start it just disconnects.pain in the foot!!!!!:mad:

i have the exact same problem..... i cant even get one game now. im with eircom. is it our broadband or the GTA servers do ya think???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Online servers most likely, it actually happens quite a lot on lots of games not just GTA!.

There are obviously a few teething problems with the online games, but am sure that they will figure it out in the next while. Chill lads!.

Here anyone fancy getting a bit of a boards team together or has this been done already?? (Sorry just got my copy of GTA 3 days ago).

Anyways count me in for some online games

Gamertag: xX BODYCOUNT Xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭cormhag

For PS3 it's all about the NAT type. Get it to type 1 and it'll work every time. I had the same problems as everybody else.

Just follow this kids instructions and it'll be fine: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3EjOI-aryhA&feature=related

GOOD STUFF! Let me know if this works

Advertisement