Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travel insurance through credit union

• 10-05-2008 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone ever gotten travel insurance through their credit union before? I heard that they offer the most reasonable prices. I enquired in my credit union and the quoted price seemed insanely low compared to other quotes I have seen around. Anyone know anything about the policy specifics? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Fabio

I'm going in to mine tomorrow to enquire actually and may even buy some dollars for my travels to Boston there too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭m*pp*t

Do all branches do foreign currency exchange? Have they better rates than the banks do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Do you have to have an account in the credit union for this? I'm heading off shortly.

They told me they no longer do travel insurance when I enquired yesterday.

As for foreign exchange...not sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭falterego

The insurance might be branch dependent, my branch said they provide it and that was only last week. It's also advertised as a service on their website.

You do have to be a member to avail of it but it's not linked to your shares at all, i.e. you don't have to have a certain amount of savings with them.

• Advertisement

And how much is it, about??? Didn't realise it was branch dependent actually.

Advertisement