Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pitch and Putt

Options
  • 10-05-2008 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys,any good pitch and putt clubs nearish the city?There's one in Murroe but its not exactly well maintained.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭The_Dave

Haven't played in years, but I presume the Westward Ho in Mungret is still open

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭RINO87

theres one in ardnacrusha. VERY small though.

sixemilebridge has an 18 hole pitch and putt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

The_Dave wrote: »
    Haven't played in years, but I presume the Westward Ho in Mungret is still open

you presume wrong i think, murroe used to be the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭(CH3)2CHOH

There's Rathbane Golf course.......:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

There was a pitch and putt course in Adare also, has been a few years since I was out there.

Shame to hear someone say the Murroe course has not been looked after, that was a nice course the last time I was there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

The one in Muroe was always great, however it has been a good few years since i was there last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Shan75

RINO87 wrote: »
    theres one in ardnacrusha. VERY small though.

Yeah Waltons Lodge near Sixmilebridge is a pretty decent course.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

There's a nice course in Parteen (op Brownes Pub), haven't been there in years but it was always well maintained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Shan75

phog wrote: »
    There's a nice course in Parteen (op Brownes Pub), haven't been there in years but it was always well maintained.

The only thing is it's a members only course or it used to be years ago anyway when I used to play there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

I like the sixmilebridge course a lot. I went there several times, it's well maintained and good fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

There's one in Adare and also The Westward Ho in Mungret. TWH is a bit bigger than Adares.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

18 hole indoor putting course in castletroy, uni golf, up beside the university, behind 02

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

DarkJager wrote: »
    There's one in Adare and also The Westward Ho in Mungret. TWH is a bit bigger than Adares.

The Westward Ho has been closed for a good while and I don't think it'll be reopening. Adare isn't bad, and has a couple of nice long holes towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Dumdum McCarthy

Parteen Pitch And Putt Is The Best Course In The Region,its A Grade 1 Course (ppui Affiliated)in Ireland, Staged The Munster Strokeplay Last Year.no Green Fees Available.membership 130 Euro Adults,students Bout 90!i Played In Sixmile Bridge Waltons Lodge Last Week,greens Were Desperate Sandy Actually 3 Bunkers On One Green????????is Like A Par 4 Course Because Some Holes Are Very Long. Murroe Is Like In Perfect Condition Compared To It! I Am A Current Member Of Parteen P.and P.new Members Always Welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Parteen Pitch And Putt Is The Best Course In The Region,its A Grade 1 Course (ppui Affiliated)in Ireland, Staged The Munster Strokeplay Last Year.no Green Fees Available.membership 130 Euro Adults,students Bout 90!i Played In Sixmile Bridge Waltons Lodge Last Week,greens Were Desperate Sandy Actually 3 Bunkers On One Green????????is Like A Par 4 Course Because Some Holes Are Very Long. Murroe Is Like In Perfect Condition Compared To It! I Am A Current Member Of Parteen P.and P.new Members Always Welcome!

Membership only?im in corbally so thatd be close for me but is there no way to play the course before joining?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Txatxu Urki

Parteen is by far the best kept course in Limerick region, and possibly one of the best in the country. No green fees. Membership is 120 euro a year for adults. Well worth it . Also not many members so joining is ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

ya and i hear is pretty good..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Gambra

Just played the Adare one recently, it's very weel looked after but the guy at the counter (presumably the guy living in the house too) is a right old arsehole. Mad how people are still suggesting the Westward Ho considering it's been closed about two years and builders are now laying house foundations inside there now!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

Someone has submitted planning permission for a new pitch and putt course in the green area behind singland motors and Corless plant hire on the dublin road. Ideal location as it is essentially in the city. Great to see this area kept green and not turned into another housing estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

I must try the one is sixmilebridge, cheers for that

If you fancy a bit of a spin, there is a brillaint course out the lisdoonvarna road from ennis,

Cill Na Mona is the name of the course, the front 9 holes are all flat based, few of them crossin over a stream etc, the back nine are on a hill.
    All holes are pretty big too, average of about 70m or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Old thread but I played Murroe yesterday. Course itself is in ok condition but the Mats !? Wow. Must be there sine the 50's. If you play P&P then they will just wreck your head. Seriously bad ... seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Can I assume that all the courses mentioned above are pay for play - you just turn up and they supply clubs etc.? (Parteen excepted)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭blank_screen

I have similar question, what are the fee's for sixmilesbridge?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

Depends of you are a proper golfer or just out for a bit of a laugh.
    The last couple of holes are good and hard for us non golfers.
    I go there a lot with my Kids and they like it.
    Yes the guy running it can be a bit strict but it is his course and he has no time for people messing about using wedges on the greens and the like.

More info pricing and a look around the course here. He does charge less if you have ur own clubs.

http://www.munsterbusiness.ie/adarepitchandputt/

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Has anyone used Unigolf? Wouldnt mind trying it out. Do they supply golf clubs?

There doesnt appear to be any mini-golf's in or around limerick. They are great entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

The one in Adare is very well maintained. Some excellent and difficult greens. My only gripe is there's a few too many short holes, and on the odd occasion we had f*ckers playing shots into us (and we weren't slow, they were just scumbags.).

But yeah, Adare's good, go for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Has anyone used Unigolf? Wouldnt mind trying it out. Do they supply golf clubs?

There doesnt appear to be any mini-golf's in or around limerick. They are great entertainment.
    ya, the supply clubs. its a good laugh, tricky too, what with all the water etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

really? They have water! That sounds like a good laugh so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

I have similar question, what are the fee's for sixmilesbridge?
    Thanks

€7 with clubs, €9 without them. I played on it for the first time this week. Its worth the spin out. The first 6 holes are fairly short but after that they lengthen out a bit. Overall, it's a well-maintained and enjoyable course to play on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭blank_screen

bantee wrote: »
    €7 with clubs, €9 without them. I played on it for the first time this week. Its worth the spin out. The first 6 holes are fairly short but after that they lengthen out a bit. Overall, it's a well-maintained and enjoyable course to play on.

is it per person or per game? you got one pair of clubs or two? Thanks

Advertisement