Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pitch and Putt

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

is it per person or per game? you got one pair of clubs or two? Thanks

Ya those prices are per person to use the course. You get to pick your club of choice and get a putter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭djsim

Hello All,

I forgot the limerick section was here on boards. I have never being to the parteen one but I can say that the one in sixmilebrige is the best I have played on - a bit far out though.

Murroe is a fine little course and well maintained.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭wildrover444

didnt think much of unigolf myself.think it was around 15 euro to play when i was there. and its just a putting contest. its like crazy golf but without the fun. u could get rathbane for that price sometimes. at least unigolf got a roof over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

I'm a member in parteen for the last 2 months or so, definatley the best course in the area.
    Also Adare €6 w/clubs very nice if small course.
    Walton's Lodge €7 w/clubs much longer course but the greens not in the best condition.
    Ardnacrusha members only and my least favourite course in the area.
    Murroe €7w/clubs getting back to its best a very nice course.

I'd suggest to the more experienced player that all courses except Walton's Lodge that a sand wedge is the club of choice, greens very hard to stop on with a pitching wedge.

Re Unigolf €7 a round and great craic, you can even bring the missus she can't lose the ball:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Varying opinions on what Unigolf charge written up here.

How much is it really a round?
    Can you just show up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i'v never been charged more than €10 anyway, think theres a members rate of €7/8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

the best one ive played on is6mile bridge id say, theres one in ardnacrusha only 9 holes i think but its for members only, membership is only about 60euro for the year tho and ya can go as many times as ya want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

Due to the miserable weather today I decided to give the Unigolf place a try as the two kids were bouncing off the walls.
    I read about it in previous posts here.

I have to say that the setup is amazing! first we decided to try the simulator for half an hour. You rent out the room so all 3 of us had a go.
    Confirmed that my decision to stick with pitch and putt was a good one I can't drive a ball to save my life!! my 12 year old beat me every time on the driving range simulator:mad:

The graphics are great and you can play on loads of different courses.
    Its a full swing simulator ( before today I had no idea what that was:confused: ) so you blast the ball at the screen that the course is projected on to ( it does not bource back :o ) sensors then translate that into an actual shot on the computer.

After our half hour we went out on the 18 hole putting course. What a laugh. Amazing how competitive you get after the first one or 2 holes! my ball ended up in the water 3 times as we went round and I have to say I found the green hard enough so you really have to concentrate its good practice.

Sorry if im whittering on a bit but I'm just glad to have found somewhere I can go with the kids when its raining besides the bowling alley! and Its good value we killed a good 2 and a half hours.
    The website for Unigolf is http://www.unigolfclub.com they are doing introductory golf lessons for kids so i think I will sign up the youngest when we get back from holidays - judging by the way he whipped my azz all round the course I could be on for early retirement!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

As far as i know the course in Tipp town is open again. I dont know what the course is like but it was decent a few years ago anyway.

Advertisement